Beachin' It All Summer

Beachin' It All Summer

The ocean breeze puts a mind at ease.

1
Beachin' It All Summer

This Memorial Day weekend reminded me how much I absolutely love the beach. I spent the holiday with my family in Longboat Key, Florida. The sunshine is definitely the best form of medicine for me. Whether I'm feeling down, stressed out, or just unhappy, a few days in the sunshine tends to get me back to myself in no time.

"I live where you vacation." Living in Florida for the majority of my life, I heard this quote all the time. I remember how excited I was to get my license because all of the "cool" kids went to the beach every single day. In high school, I drove ten minutes to the beach before or after school daily. Every day was different; sometimes my friends and I would go to the quiet and secluded beaches, while other days we went to the beaches where music was blasting and people were packed like sardines.

I think that everyone needs to hear the seagulls chirping, the waves crashing, and the umbrellas rattling in the wind. Everyone needs to feel the sand in between their toes, the shells on their feet, and the sunshine on their skin. I hope everyone gets the opportunity to see the fish in the water, the sand castles being built, and the smiling faces of the individuals around them.

If I don't live in Florida in the future, then I will definitely visit my family members that live there. People don't need luxurious vacations to an island somewhere; Florida makes for the perfect beach trip. The beaches are beautiful and perfect for relaxing. My family has a home on Longboat Key and we plan to keep it forever; hopefully we will pass it down to our future family members. We have so many memories in Longboat Key, Florida and I will forever consider it my home.