Why You Always Be Yourself

Why You Should Always Be Yourself

Don't conform. Be yourself.

10
Why You Should Always Be Yourself

There are times in life when we question if it's worth it to fit in or to stand out.

I think that our ideal combination with this is that we want to be different, but we still want to fit in.

This roots from the fact that everyone wants to fit in, but we don't want to be identical.

You already fit in. You're human, so that's how you fit in.

Don't be like everyone else. Be you. You're given a chance to be yourself, so don't waste it.

You have the chance to be into the music you like. You have the chance to dress the way you want to. You have the chance to be the person you are supposed to and want to be.

We tend to get caught up because we want to be accepted, but people end up appreciating if you're really you instead of being like everyone else.

This happens because if you're something that you're not, people sense that.

They can sense that you're not being you, you're being what everyone wants you to be, and it makes you look like you're trying too hard to fit in.

What doesn't get addressed is why people have to make you feel like this.

There's a certain aspect that does help you to realize that you're better off being you, instead of someone else.

Also, consider this. If you're you, you will be judged. If you're something you're not, you will get judged.

People will always have a judgment. So, you might as well be someone you truly are and get judged, because at least you're being judged for being yourself.

It's an act of courage to truly be yourself because it's so easy to just be like everyone else.

It takes time to develop your own style, but it's well worth it.

You get to exist and be who you truly are, and inspire other people, young and old, to do the same.

Conforming doesn't change the world.

Taking a risk, doing something different, being something other than what everyone expects.

There comes a time when you realize that you have to stop being who they want you to be, and you have to start being who you want to be.

It really puts things into perspective.

You are in charge of your existence.

Only you know how you feel, only you know what you see, only you know what you want.

Also, I have a story I'm going to tell you about fitting in which happened to me when I was younger, about the time of 2nd grade.

There were these two girls who were friends and they sat in the bus seat across from mine.

I always wanted to have Heelys when I was younger. When I was a kid, they were a big deal.

I saw that one of those girls had them, and I wanted them even more because I thought they would make me fit in because I saw her wearing them.

They never gave me the time of day. They always had whatever they talked about amongst themselves and I knew it was about me.

They knew how much I cared, and they used it against me, but things somehow took a turn when I stopped worrying about what they thought of me.

Then, once I stopped trying to be like them, they accepted me.

A really weird outcome, but somehow through that struggle, I stopped worrying about what they thought and it benefited me in the long run.

So, be you. Always be you. Don't conform. You're not a clone, you're a true original.