My Plan To Be Happy

My Plan To Be Happy

I have this really big plan to be happy, that’s all.

17
My Plan To Be Happy
Tanisha Camille Knutzen

I don’t have major plans to be some high paying lawyer or doctor and I’ll probably never have a mansion with six cars parked outside and a handful of people catering to my every need. These things have never been on my agenda and I’ve never really cared about the materialist things in life but that doesn’t mean I don’t have plans for a successful future. I just have a different idea of what my success looks like.

It’s really as simple as that. I want to look back on my life and know that I lived for every moment. That throughout my life I brought happiness to the world and to the people, who needed it the most. I don’t need material things to tell me that I’m successful or that I’ve lived a beautiful life because right now I have nothing more than a suitcase of clothing but even with my lack of personal items, I would say that I’m a happy human being.

I have so many wonderful people, who all believe in me every day and make me feel like I could conquer the world, which is what we all know I want to do. I’ve been places, I’ve seen things and I’ve done things that have made my heart flutter with pure joy and happiness. It’s these type of conquest that I hope to keep achieving. I know that I want to eventually build a life with somebody, have kids and live in a little house filled with more love than I ever thought possible. I’ll have these wonderful stories of my travels, of the things that I learned along the way and of the moments that meant more than amount of money could buy me.

So when I think about my life, I think about the simplistic things that I know will make me happy, like helping people in need, loving the people, who love me and being completely happy with the person I've become. I never want to stop creating stories to tell and maybe one day I'll actually figure what I want to be when I grow up but for now, the most important thing on my list is being so completely happy and proud of the life I've built.