Basic Instagram Posts You Will See This Holiday Season

We are all cotton-headed ninny muggins.

744
Tumblr

With Christmas time right around the corner, there are many things to look forward to. Beautiful lights, yummy food and the potential that your siblings may actually be in good moods! With so many fun, festive things happening, there’s no better way to document these moments then on Instagram. I have come to the realization that just as Christmas isn’t any different each year, so are the many Instagram posts I come across during the holiday season. I have compiled a list of super real, super basic Instagram posts you will see this holiday season.

1. The "I'm cozy and posing in an uncomfortable position" picture.

Who doesn’t like to show off their cute mug and cozy self in front of a nice, warm fire? No better way to say winter than a posed picture in front of the fire place!

2. The "I can rock this ugly sweater" picture.

Christmas not only brings a surplus of parties, but it also brings a surplus of appreciation for ugly sweaters. If you don’t have one, head to your local Goodwill and grab yourself a grandma-sewn sweater all for yourself.

3. The "Leaves and Boots" picture.

You've seen it. You know what I'm talking about. I may or may not be guilty of posting this picture.

4. The "I'm praying I don't drip wax on my hand" picture.

Whether you typically go to church or you don’t, the number of church-goers always doubles for the usual Christmas Eve service. If you’ve been, the chance that you got to hold a flaming candle at the end of the service is very likely. Not sure if this is just me, but although I love the atmosphere with the candles, I always stress that I will drop my candle and catch something on fire.

5. The "I made these for the family, but let's face it, I'll eat them all" picture.

I mean, come on. Be honest with yourself. No shame! That’s what large coats are for.

6. The "This tree is brighter than my future" picture.

What beautiful lights to distract us from doing school work during break!

7. The "We look happy but it has taken us ten minutes to get this picture" picture.

True friends are the ones that will make sure you have the perfect picture to post on Instagram, even if it takes 100 tries!

8. The "I swear, I don't spend all of my Christmas money on just coffee... I get hot tea too" picture.

Nice job Starbucks, you got me again. Using a festive cup color and design to sell your drinks. Clever. Cute and clever.

9. The “I’m cozy… only for this cute pic” picture.

What better way to let your crush know that you love to cuddle up when cold? Which is obviously all the time because it's December!

10. The “I gotta get that dreamy Christmas snow picture so I can remember how cold I am right now” picture.

Us southerners don’t really know what this experience is like. Thanks to Instagram and your white Christmas holiday post, we can see what it looks like!

11. The “We look happy but someone was just complaining about taking a family picture in the first place” picture.

Family is family, regardless of how many complaints you hear and eye rolls you witness this holiday season.

12. The “I'm gonna watch all of these” picture.

Even though I would love to, the holiday season is very busy. Also, may I note that "Elf" seems to be everyone’s favorite. If it’s not yours, you are sitting on a throne of lies. I mean, Santa’s coming, I know him!

13. The “cute couple on New Years Eve” picture.

EW. But not really because, AW it’s actually cute. My resolution for this year is to find a boyfriend so that next year I can post a picture like this.

14. The “My resolution is to get in shape” picture.

We’ve all thought it. We’ve all at least attempted. Congratulations to the literal “slim” majority of people who actually follow through with this resolution.