I Sat Down (Virtually) With Carla Regin, Founder Of Barebone

I Sat Down (Virtually) With Carla Regin, The Founder Of Barebone: AKA The Best Thing To Happen To Females In 2020

Another game changer has entered the fashion industry and she is everybody's new "breast" friend.

1410

Bras have been around for almost two centuries now, specifically — 1889. And that's a very, very, long time. We've gotten all kinds of them.

Push-up bras, sports bra, bralettes. They've been the support we all needed, no matter what size we had.

But when you really come to think about it, the reality of it is, we actually dislike wearing it. That little itch on the underwire, that strap that keeps showing on our off-shoulder tops and of course, the sweat it absorbs.

At the end of the day, "taking off our bras" is the true freedom. Well, this may have been the case for a while but one online store begins to change that. Another game-changer has entered the fashion industry, and she is everybody's new "breast" friend.

BAREBONE is an online store that sells non-traditional undergarments — period underwear, nipple covers, etc. And the best one we've ever seen (and that I have personally tried) yet. Easily dubbed as 2020's new bra of the generation, and it's not even a bra!

This online shop is well known for its popular nipple cover! For all the sheer tops and dresses, or the plunging necklines, we've been wanting to wear but couldn't find the right bra for. (And yes, we've had a bunch of nipple covers come into our lives but nothing like Barebone!)

Their nipple covers come in three nude colors: Cream, Beige, and Umber and comes in two sizes which are 8cm and 10cm. For their qualities, their Instagram stories show a lot of comparison from several brands of nipple covers and how they differ in width.

And they truly are "ultra-thin" and really lightweight on the chest. It literally feels like there is nothing there, ladies and gents! I even forget I'm wearing Barebone! Sometimes, I even accidentally sleep with the Barebone nipple covers on.

According to BAREBONE, their nipple cover can be used up to 120 times! (Or more, if you take care of it well and depending on how you use it.) Not only that, they are sweatproof and waterproof! Barebone's Instagram shows videos of tests for their capacity of being waterproof: the model literally swam with the covers, and it did not budge one bit.

Some testimonials from customers also attested that it's surfing proof and gym proof!

Barebone//IG Stories@barebonestore

I'm telling you, it's on a whole different level. It sticks around more than that person who now ghosted us! (yikes!) a beautiful tragedy.

It doesn't end there, though, the first thing we always check is the price. And I'm so glad this undergarment doesn't hurt our wallets! With the price of $11.03 for 8cm and $11.72 for 10 cm, it's definitely worth the buy!

I actually had the chance to sit down (virtually) with Carla Regin, the founder of Barebone, to ask her a few questions regarding the new trending online store from the Philippines that has been expanding internationally.

Carla Regin

When was Barebone established and what inspired you to make Barebone?

Barebone started September 9 last year. I have a daughter and I myself struggle with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and I found out there are many women who have PCOS. And I got more inspired because no one really focuses on these problems when there are women like us suffering. It's difficult and sad but I want to use my energy for good rather than being sad.

Do you ship to the US now? Which other countries do you ship to?

Yes, we do ship to the US now. We also ship to countries such as UK, Germany, UAE, Australia, and Singapore.

Barebone has other products such as boob tape and shapeshifter that launches on June 30. What are the other new products and when do they launch?

The solid nipple covers are already out. The new period undies are coming in July. And the electric wrap pad (for period pains) will come on August.

Will there be a chance of having a pop-up store in the future?

There will be a pop-up store soon. I have been checking commercial spaces and I am planning to start a concept store with other brands made by women

Lastly, do you have a message for the Barebone women and future buyers?

I actually don't know what to say. But I created barebone for women, to help women. I just want to bring change for the good. I know my products won't change the world but it can change a woman's life.

Carla Regin continues to be an advocate of women suffering from PCOS and now resides in Thailand with her daughter and is engaged to professional soccer player Kevin Ingreso of Buriram United.

Make sure to follow Barebone's instagram for more updates on their products.