5 Tips To Ball On A Budget In College

5 Tips To Ball On A Budget In College

College can be expensive but these tips have helped me stay on a budget and save money in college.

87
5 Tips To Ball On A Budget In College
Personal Photo

Going away to college for the first time is extremely overwhelming. It is especially overwhelming if you are like me and pays for college on your own. This means not only do I pay tuition on my own, but I also for rent, my books, and my daily life essentials like food. Trying to keep myself on a budget has been hard, but I have found ways to help me stay on a budget and save money in the process so I can enjoy college just like everyone else.

Do not be afraid to shop at "cheap" stores

@walmart

I have found that stores like Dollar Tree, Aldi and Walmart have helped me save money on all kinds of products. For me, items like cleaning supplies are items that I do not care what brand they are. The Dollar Store offers all sorts of great cleaning supplies for literally a dollar. They also have all kinds of baking stuff like utensils, forks, spoons, knives and even some pans. I know that in college I am the worst at taking care of cooking stuff so by buying them from the dollar store if I say misplace a fork or ruin a pan it was only a dollar and I can just buy more. I also love shopping at Aldi because it offers great products at great prices. I am not someone who is brand happy and cares about where say my pasta noodles come from. Aldi has saved me lots of money on products I would be paying more for at leading grocery store brands. Walmart is also another great grocery store to shop at because they offer a wide variety of brands so I am able to compare prices and find items that fit my price range.

Try the App Shopkicks

The app ShopKicks is this neat app where you scan items at grocery stores and earn points. After so many points you can earn gift cards to places like Walmart, Sephora, Ulta, Target, Amazon, Starbucks, Uber and the list goes on. I scan products at grocery stores when I am already out shopping for stuff and so far I have earned over 7 gift cards. This app is super simple to use and has earned me free money to places I enjoy spending money.

Use restaurants/fast food apps

Many restaurants and fast food places now offer apps you can download to order food from as well as earn points and you can even earn free food items. I have downloaded and made accounts because they offer free first items when you first download the app. Also, earning points has given me free food items at plenty of places that I enjoy treating myself to. Simpling downloading these apps can save you money in the future.

Thrift shop

Over the years, vintage items have started to come back, and it's honestly more than just a fashion trend. Places like Goodwill often have this taboo about them and that they have only old weird stuff. I am here to say that I have found great name brand items, even with tags still on, at Goodwill. You do not always get lucky at Goodwill, but if you give it a chance and really look, Goodwill has great stuff. I have saved so much money on clothes because I have shopped at Goodwill. You never know what you will find at Goodwill, but don't count it out when you are looking for clothes for cheap.

Check out selling apps like Mercari and Poshmark

Selling apps have become popular over the years my two favorites are Mercari and Poshmark. I have used these apps to sell lots of my old clothes and shoes that I don't wear anymore. I have earned plenty of cash from doing so. I also have bought from both apps and have gotten great products in great condition for way cheaper then I would find anywhere else.

Saving money in college can be difficult but these tips have helped me budget and save myself money so I can enjoy my time in college. These tips may see, very simple and small but over time they add up and really help myself stay sane financially in college and I hope they help you.