Let's Debate: Argument Of The Week Vol. 3

Argument of the week - What is the superior breakfast item? A bagel or a donut?

15

They always say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and they are not wrong. Breakfast foods are some of the best foods out there and are essential to a strong day. Eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, toast, to name a few. But what are the two giants in the breakfast food group? Bagels and donuts! But which one reigns supreme?

The case for Bagels: Bagels are a personal favorite of mine. They are so versatile in there breakfast usage that you can eat them everyday without getting tired of them. You can have a simple bagel with cream cheese or butter, mix it up and had some lox to your bagel or even use it for your amazing breakfast sandwich. A toasted bagel adds the crunch that you want in every bite and helps soak up all those delicious flavors you're mixing and matching with your bagel.

Not only are bagels versatile in their usage, they are also versatile in their flavors and types. The best part about a bagel is the fact that you can switch up the type every single day. You can have a plain bagel, everything bagel, asiago bagel, cinnamon raisin or even a cinnamon crunch bagel. Those flavors really help put the bagel over the top as the best breakfast item.

The case for Donuts: Donuts are the perfect sweet and flavorful breakfast item. Most breakfast items can be hearty items and a donut cuts right into that for a pleasant bite. Wether it be a chocolate donut, glazed, glazed with sprinkles, cookies and cream or even a red velvet donut, the flavor and sweetness you get from it is undeniably amazing and perfect for your Saturday morning.

The biggest appeal for a donut are all the amazing donut shops that you can visit. There's a donut shop on just about every street and each has their own take on donuts. You can go simple with Krispy Creme or Dunkin or you can try one of the many unique donut shops that create these new and exotic donuts. No matter which one you go to you can buy for yourself or buy a dozen for a group. A donut is truly at the top of the game as a breakfast item.

So what do you think is the top dog in the breakfast world?