The Baer Reintegration Scholarship

The Baer Reintegration Scholarship

Its for people with mental illness

183
The Baer Reintegration Scholarship
Unthsc

The Center for Reintegration is a non-profit organization committed to helping people with mental illnesses pursue a meaningful life through reintegration-- the process by which a person with a mental illness finds meaningful work and education, restores his or her relationships, and moves toward independent living. To help achieve these goals, the Center for Reintegration provides useful information, resources, and supports for consumers, caregivers, employers, educators, family and friends.

Reintegration is an achievable goal and dreams are possible for those who have been touched by mental illness. The Center for Reintegration together with the Sidney R. Baer Jr. Foundation will continue to offer the Baer Reintegration Scholarship for those active in their recovery. The scholarship applications are generally available from October to January each year, and eligible applicants are invited to apply.

The scholarships cover a part or all of an education ranging from G.E.D. to Ph.D. The Sidney R. Baer, Jr. Foundation supports the efforts of organizations working to stimulate education, research and direct care in the mental health field. A businessman and consultant, Mr. Baer personally faced mental health challenges during his lifetime and sought to alleviate the suffering of those living with mental illness. Though he attended Yale University, he was unable to complete his studies, so he returned to his hometown of St. Louis where he worked in the family business, the department store Stix, Baer & Fuller. Through his hard work, he was able to increase the family fortune and upon his death left it in trust to be distributed to programs that serve the mission of reintegration.

We at the Center for Reintegration are proud to partner with the Sidney R. Baer Jr. Foundation.

Should you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please contact baerscholarships@reintegration.com. All communication regarding the Scholarship Program will be done via email only.