Worst Movies Of The Year Come At The End

Welcome To That Time Of The Year With All The Bad Movies

All of the remakes, prequels, sequels, and spin-offs.

7
https://www.pexels.com/photo/architecture-room-indoors-auditorium-109669/
Donald Tong

Summer is known as the best time for movies. There's a reason for that. Kids are out of school for three months and the things to do start to run out. So, parents who are tired of listening to their kids and just want them to shut up for a couple of hours will take them to see a movie. Plus, they are more likely to use this technique if there are more movies to see. And, for those without kids, it's too hot outside to do anything else, so the idea of sitting in an over-air-conditioned room for two hours seems really appealing.

However, this is not summer blockbuster time. We have reached the opposite: winter suckfest time.

Okay, that's a little harsh, but it is true. It is that time of the year where we get the one or two good movies that everyone goes to see and then we get those really bad movies that, for some reason, have really big budgets.

If you're not really sure what I'm talking about, let's take a look at the movies that are coming out in December of this year.

First, we have all of the remakes and spin-offs. We have "Bumblebee" the "Transformers" prequel, "Mary Poppins Returns," a "Mary Poppins" reboot. "Aquaman," the spin-off of that great movie "Justice League" is coming out this year. Now, some of these movies are quite anticipated, but we can't just ignore the fact that none of these are new content. These are all just companies making more money off of the original ideas that we gave money to.

Even the new "Grinch" movie that looks absolutely adorable is just a remake of the live-action film that was a remake of the animated film that was based off a book.

If we look back to last year, we got the one movie that everyone was looking forward too: "Star Wars: The Last Jedi," and then a remake of "Jumanji," another "Pitch Perfect" movie and then "Ferdinand," which was the obligatory family movie.

The question is, why is this the trend? Why do we always get terrible movies at this time of the year?

The reason the movies that come out this time of the year are the exact opposite of the movies that come out in the summer is because the situation as a whole is different. Granted, kids are still out of school, but it's only for a couple weeks. Plus, if parents start to get annoyed with their kids, they can just make them wrap presents. Adults are too busy in December to want to go see movies. Adults have to worry about shopping, decorating, cooking, cleaning and stressing about family. They don't have the time to see the 8 good movies that came out this month.

No one wants to spend MORE money during the holidays just to see a couple of movies. Maybe they could justify seeing one movie. That's where the one good movie comes into play. People only really have the time and can justify spending the money on going to see one movie. They want to take a break from all of the holiday work by seeing a movie. So, they go and see that one good movie.

So, if you're looking for a great movie, I hate to break it to you, but you're going to have to wait until this summer.