10 Habits We Need To Leave In 2018

10 Habits We Need To Leave In 2018

2019 is yours, own it!

626
10 Habits We Need To Leave In 2018
Sylwia Forysińska via Unsplash

.

Staying up past midnight every night.

Especially as students, the whole 'stay up until 3 am and expect to be fine at 7 am' thing is unsustainable. A full 7-8 hours of sleep every night can do wonders for your energy levels and overall health, even during those long school days you think will never end.

Eating unhealthy and expecting to be healthy anyway.

What a concept: what you eat has a direct effect on how healthy you are! So instead of eating out/ordering in every night, let's cook healthy meals every once in a while. Just one of the many steps to living your best life!

Not drinking enough water.

No, coffee and juice don't count as water just because "they have water in them." We are talking about 64 ounces of real water per day, because hydration is not something to mess with. Not to mention, it also helps with keeping your energy up, skin clear, and attention focused. It's a win-win, I promise!

Leaving homework to the last minute.

Ah, procrastination. A student's worst nightmare. I understand that sometimes assignments slip through the cracks, but instead of leaving every assignment to the last minute, let's start them a little earlier. It's guaranteed to leave you feeling a little less stressed and give you more time to do the things you want to do.

Binge drinking.

I get it. A night out with your friends can be a blast, and drinking makes it even better. But blackout drinking every weekend is probably more detrimental to your health than it is fun. So maybe we leave this habit in 2018. (Plus, you don't waste the next day getting over your hangover!)

Waiting a month to wash your bedsheets.

Are you washing your sheets enough? According to the Huffington Post, you should be washing your sheets at least every one-two weeks. So waiting to wash your sheets until every other month is probably not the best idea. Leave it in 2018!

Falling asleep with your makeup on.

At the very least, keep a pack of makeup wipes next to your bed. Even better, commit to a skin routine and stick to it. You'll notice the difference quickly and it only takes 2 minutes every night!

Not cooking for yourself.

This year, we're finding ways to save money and be healthy at the same time! One huge way to do this is to cook your meals at home. Now, I understand that those of you in the dorms may not have the luxury of a kitchen, so this one's for y'all living off-campus. Take the time to go to the store and make your meals. I promise it's worth it!

Trying to please everyone all the time.

In case nobody's told you this lately: you can't please everyone and still have time to maintain your own happiness. It's okay for your own health to come before others! Take time to take care of you, then worry about everyone else. It helps so much in your social, professional, and spiritual life.

Setting impossible goals for yourself.

Setting unrealistic goals and expecting to exceed them every time harms more than it can help. Instead, 2019 should be a year of specific, attainable goals that get you moving towards where you want to be. That way, you don't hurt your motivation and self-esteem by not achieving goals that were unrealistic in the first place. You got this, now go kick 2019's ass!