Bad Days With Molly: A Complete Short Story

How Tough can YouTube Stardom Be?

26
123RF

This is the very first story of mine that I've managed to complete ever! Granted, I had to complete it for a class, but I'm still excited about it! I'm going to show it in its entirety, so I hope you enjoy!

***

Part One

Molly looked at the car and back to the man who owned it.

“So…how long did you say its been since you last drove your car?” she asked.

“A full three months,” the man replied. “I haven’t had to go out of town in a while, so I left it in the parking lot.”

Pursing her lips, Molly glanced at the car again. The small blue vehicle was covered top to bottom in one large beehive on the right side. With the added weight of the hive, the bottom of the car almost touched the ground. Bees buzzed in and around the hive, paying the two of them no mind. Molly let out a puff of air and faced the man again.

“Well, sir, I think I can help you.”

“Really?”

“Yup. Just let me get set up.”

She turned on her heel and marched over to her van. Unlocking the passenger door, she took out her camera and tripod. She unhooked the tripod legs and placed it on the sidewalk before adjusting the height so that it stood taller. After placing the camera on the tripod, Molly went back to her van and opened one of the sliding doors.

“Okay, I’m gonna need a bee suit, a bee smoker, a large garbage bag, and a few ice scrapers,” she mumbled to herself, pulling out each item.

“Um, do you need any help at all?” the man asked.

“Depends. What size bee suit do you think you’d fit in?”

After a few minutes of prepping, Molly told the man to press record. She put on a bright smile when the red light flashed.

“Hey everyone! Welcome to Bad Days with Molly! I’m your host, Molly Thatcher, bringing you some of the worst bad days from around town.”

She moved so that the car would get in the shot.

“You’re probably wondering why I’m wearing a bee suit. Well, as you can see here, an innocent man’s car has become the new home for a giant family of bees.”

Molly made a gesture for the man to come stand next to her.

“This is the owner of the car. What’s your name sir?”

“James Roberts.”

“Tell me James, how did this happen?”

“Well…”

She waited for him to finish telling his story before speaking into the camera again.

“Don’t you hate it when this happens? In any case, if he wants to use his car again, we have to get that hive off. But since we don’t want to get stung, the bees have to take a little nap.”

After presenting the bee smoker, Molly turned and walked towards the car. James, having been instructed to do so during prepping, went behind the camera and moved it on the tripod so that it followed her. She made sure that her bee suit was zipped up properly before aiming the smoker and pulling the trigger. Thick smoke billowed from the nozzle and enveloped the hive. The buzzing of the bees slowly died down until they couldn’t be heard anymore. Satisfied, Molly set the smoker down and picked up the garbage bag along with one of the ice scrapers.

“Now that we don’t have to worry about the bees, James and I are going to carefully scrape the hive off his car and put it in this bag,” she explained to the camera. “Don’t worry, I’ll be taking the hive to some friends I have at the local wildlife protection center when we’re done. James, could you grab the other scraper please?”

Once he had the other scraper in his hands the two of them began the long process of peeling the giant hive off. Since it was so large, they had to divide it into chunks so that it would actually fit. Eventually the only thing left behind by the hive was the honey that slowly dripped onto the pavement. Molly tied up the bag and set it down in front of her, facing the camera once more.

“And with that, James can use his car again. Though, you’re probably gonna want to go through a car wash first.”

“I’m okay with that, I’m just glad that beehive’s off my car.”

“Well, that’s it for this episode. I’m Molly Thatcher, and I’ll see you on the next bad day!”

She went over to the camera and stopped the recording.

“Thanks for your help, Molly,” James said as she began to pack up her stuff. “When I first saw that hive on my car, I thought I was going to have a heart attack!”

“No problem. Glad I could be of assistance,” Molly stated as she brought her things back to her van.

“So, um, when can I expect to see the video online?”

“Unless anyone else calls me today, very late this evening, after I edit it.”

“Great. My family will not believe this happened to me. Oh, here’s the bee suit I used.”

She took it and threw it in the van before closing the sliding door. After thanking him, she climbed into the driver’s seat and started the engine. Molly pulled her van away from the curb and drove in the direction of the wildlife center. She knew she had to take the shortest way to get there because it would only be a few minutes before the bees woke up. When she got to a stop sign, her car phone rang. She reached across her dashboard and swiped the screen to answer it while stepping on the gas again.

“Bad Days with Molly Hotline, Molly speaking,” she stated, eyes not leaving the road.

“Molly, it’s Travis.”

“Oh Lord…” she muttered. “What do you want now, Travis?”

“When are you going to feature me in one of your videos? I have bad days too, you know!”

“Travis, we’ve been over this. An average bad day doesn’t count, everyone has those.”

“I know, but I swear, I had an above average bad day not too long ago!”

“Well, I just helped a guy get a giant beehive off his car, and considering how you live, I really don’t think you can top that.”

“Maybe not, but hear me out. I was doing my laundry like usual, but when I went to put my clothes in the basket, I tripped and my head hit an open dyer door!”

“So you pulled a Ross Geller, that’s still not good enough for one of my videos.”

“I fell flat on my face!”

“And I feel bad for you, but you know I only feature monumental bad days.”

“It felt monumental.”

“If it doesn’t look monumental, then there’s no point. I’m sorry, Travis, but until you get a giant beehive on your car, or an old tree falls and destroys half your house, or whatever, you’re not going to be in my videos.”

“You know we both live in the same apartment complex, right?”

“It was just an example, Mr. Technical. Jeez.”

Molly pulled into the parking lot of the wildlife center.

“Look, I gotta go, I have an extended family of bees to drop off.”

“Don’t forget rent’s due by the end of the week!”

She hung up.

“I know rent’s due by the end of the week,” she muttered to herself, turning off the engine. “I’ve lived in the complex for two years now, I know when the frickin’ rent’s due. Stupid idiot, drives me crazy…”

Unbuckling her seatbelt, Molly got out of the driver’s seat and opened a sliding door. She grabbed the bag and stiffened slightly when she heard muted buzzing.

“Yikes, I’d better get you lot inside.”

She closed the door and speed walked to the front of the center, keeping the bag at arm’s length all the way.

***

When she finally made it back to the apartment complex, Molly was slightly disappointed that no one else had called about having a bad day. Not that she wanted people to have bad days, but she’d been posting less and less new videos lately, and with a demanding fan base, this was a problem. Well, at least she would have more time to edit today’s video. She gathered up her equipment and walked into the complex. Not wanting to trudge up several flights of stairs with all her items, Molly went to the elevator and pressed the button. The doors slid open almost immediately and she stepped in. She pressed the ‘5’ and proceeded to wait. When the elevator reached her floor, Travis was there to greet her.

“Molly.”

“Jeez, man. It’s not enough that you call me on my work phone, you have to annoy me in person too?”

She brushed past him and started down the hall. He followed close behind.

“This is not about your videos. I need your help with something.”

“Oh, the great Travis needs my help? Are we in the Twilight Zone?”

“Molly, this is serious.”

“Fine, what?”

“I…locked myself out of my apartment again.”

She stopped short in front of her own apartment and gave Travis an incredulous look.

Again? You really are an idiot, you know.”

“I’m not an idiot; I just sometimes forget that I don’t have my key when I leave for a few minutes to talk to someone down the hall.”

Molly sighed and unlocked her door. She put her stuff down in the entryway and reached for the bowl that sat on a stand right next to the door.

“I swear, your habits are like clockwork,” she said, handing him the spare key she had. “Forget your key on the weekend, forget it halfway through the week. You really should invest in a keyring or a lanyard, Travis.”

He took the key and walked across the hall to his apartment.

“I don’t like lanyards; too much of a choking hazard,” he stated, unlocking his door.

“And what’s the danger with keyrings?”

“They could get caught on something and tear a hole in my clothes.”

After making sure his door wouldn’t close on him, Travis gave the key back to Molly.

“You know, I don’t think you ever thanked me for having a spare made,” she pointed out, placing it back in the bowl.

“I didn’t think I had to. I never asked you to make a copy of my key, you just did.”

“If you bothered the landlord with this nonsense twice a week every week, he’d probably try to kick you out so he could find someone who doesn’t forget their key.”

“And here I thought you didn’t like me.”

“I don’t. But if you live here, you can’t afford a more expensive place, and you wouldn’t survive in a cheaper place, so…”

“Hm. Well, regardless, about your videos-”

“Still not happening. Call me when a bowling ball flies through your window.”

Molly went to close her door when an irate Travis had to put in his last two cents.

“Your hair is mousy!”

“Yeah, well, yours makes you look like you want to join the army, what else is new?”

She shut the door in his face. Then she looked through the peephole to see what he would do. He twitched and made annoyed noises for a moment before stomping over to his apartment and slamming his door. She snorted at his behavior.

“Good grief, he’s such a child.”

Turning away from the door, Molly picked up her stuff and brought it into her living room. She set aside the two bee suits to be washed later, along with the ice scrapers. Then she put her camera on the coffee table and went to get her laptop from her room. But before she could connect her laptop to her camera, her stomach rumbled.

“Huh. Okay, dinner first, then work.”

***

It was late when Molly finished her edits. She sat back on her couch and stretched, letting out a tired sigh. She loved what she did, but the process of making it the best it could be was exhausting. Sitting up, she logged onto her YouTube account and went about uploading the video. Once she got it posted she looked at her list of followers. Frowning, she ran through the list and counted how many there were twice.

“Aw, man,” she muttered. “I’ve lost three followers. Crap.”

Molly rubbed her temples in frustration. She knew why people were starting to leave. Videos had to be posted at least once a week to hold public interest, but because there were fewer and fewer people with crazy bad days, she had only been able to post videos once every two or three weeks. Molly knew that YouTube stardom only lasted so long, but she hadn’t realized that her stardom could possibly end so soon. She closed out of YouTube and shut her laptop. Rubbing her face and sighing, she got off the couch and went to her room.

Flopping onto her bed, Molly stared at the ceiling. She knew that there was really no plan for after when her ‘Bad Days’ series officially ended. While she had skills and talent, there wasn’t a job out there that she wanted to do besides this. Letting out another sigh, Molly bundled herself up in the sheets and proceeded to go to sleep.

Something big has to happen, and soon,’ she thought before drifting off.

***

Her wish was granted a few days later when her phone rang.

“Bad Days with Molly Hotline, Molly speaking.”

“Hi, I hope I’m not catching you at a bad time.”

“I just finished lunch, so you’re fine,” she reassured the caller while placing her dishes in the sink. “What’s your dilemma?”

“My house has been overrun by a family of skunks, and no matter what I do, I can’t get them to leave! Is there any way you can help me?”

“Definitely. I just need your name and address, and I’ll be over there as soon as I can.”

She quickly grabbed a pen and piece of paper.

“My name is Carl Anderson, and I live on 284 Rosewood Avenue. Thank you so much for doing this, I’m at the end of my rope over here!”

“No problem, sir. I’ll be there soon.”

Molly ended the call and did a happy dance before sprinting around her apartment to gather her stuff. With this, she would have two videos posted within a week for the first time in a while. Of course, she felt bad for the guy’s predicament, but it still got her a video worthy of her series. Once she had collected all her things, Molly walked to her front door and stepped out into the hallway. She was halfway to the elevator when Travis came out of his room.

“Where are you going in such a hurry?” he asked.

“I got a work call!” she replied. “House full of skunks!”

“Make sure you buy a ton of tomato juice before you come back, this place smells weird enough already.”

Molly pressed the down button and the elevator doors opened.

“Way ahead of you,” she stated as she stepped inside. “I got a bunch in my apartment and a few in my van. See ya!”

“I still think I should be in one of your videos!”

“Still not happening!”

The doors closed and the elevator started moving down. Molly rocked back and forth on her heels impatiently. When the doors opened on the first floor, she ran out and almost knocked some people over. She threw a quick apology over her shoulder and raced outside to the parking lot. Once she placed all her items in the back of her van, she scrambled into the front seat and started the engine. She pulled out of the parking lot and started down the road, humming to herself and bouncing a bit in her seat.

“If I remember correctly, to get to Rosewood I have to take two rights and a left,” she mumbled to herself as she came to a stop sign. Once she let another car pass, Molly began to make the first of her two right turns.

Suddenly a black vehicle slammed into the driver’s side door and her van rolled, knocking a few of her things loose and breaking several. The van came to rest on its right side, leaving her dangling slightly, her seatbelt preventing her from hitting the passenger door. Breathing heavily, Molly tried to focus her spinning thoughts, her vision blurring. Her left arm tingled with pain, though because she was in a minor state of shock she didn’t feel all of it.

Molly moved her head slightly when she heard the driver’s side door open. Hands grasped her body as someone unbuckled her seatbelt. When she was lifted out of the van, her mind cleared slightly and the pain in her arm hit her full force. She let out a cry of pain that was met with someone placing a sack over her head. Molly felt herself being placed into the vehicle that hit her and heard a muffled voice saying ‘drive!’ Her heavy breathing and the immense pain in her arm caused her to become dizzy, and she slowly blacked out and went limp.

***

Part Two

Travis McClure was a man of many habits. Every afternoon, he liked to take out a 500-piece puzzle and put it all together. In order to accomplish this, he had to be completely focused on the task. But his concentration was broken when he heard police sirens screaming down the road near his apartment.

“Really? I was halfway done with this one,” Travis complained.

He stood up with a huff and went over to the window. While he could still hear the sirens, he couldn’t see what was going on.

“Drat. I’ll have to actually go outside,” he mumbled to himself. “I really hope whatever’s going on is truly serious enough to distract me from my puzzle time.”

***

Travis followed a few other people towards the sirens, his shoulder bag gently tapping his leg as he walked. There were two police cars parked near an overturned van, and a few officers were setting up a ‘do not cross’ perimeter with yellow tape. As he got closer, his hand tightened on the strap of his bag when he got a good look at the van.

“Oh no,” Travis said, his voice a near whisper. “Oh no, oh no, oh no.”

He quickened his pace and approached the perimeter. An officer came up to him.

“I’m sorry sir, but I have to ask you to stay back.”

“Please, I know the owner of that van! Is she okay?”

“No one was in the vehicle when we got here, sir.”

“What?! Where is she?”

“That’s what we’re trying to figure out, sir. Now please-”

“Other than where she is, what’s there to figure out?! If she’s not in her van, this wasn’t a simple hit-and-run! It was a hit, kidnap, and run! She’s probably in a lot of danger right now!”

The officer stared at Travis for a moment.

“What is your relationship with the owner of this van?” she asked suddenly.

“We’re-” Travis paused. He almost said that they were friends. “We’re neighbors that occasionally help each other out.”

“Uh-huh. Would you mind telling me the owner’s name and any other important information we should know?"

“Sure. Her name is Molly Thatcher, she’s twenty-four, she lives in the Peach Trees Apartment Complex, and…”

He began digging around his bag. Once he found his phone he pulled up YouTube and showed the officer one of his playlists.

“She’s YouTube famous! She’s the host of Bad Days with Molly.”

“Famous?”

The officer took his phone and watched as one of the videos played. She pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes.

“My daughter told me about this woman once,” she said as she handed the phone back to Travis. “There might be something to your ‘hit, kidnap, and run’ statement."

“So what are you going to do?”

“Whatever we can. Come with me, you might prove useful.”

Travis nodded and went with the officer to her squad car. He glanced back at the overturned van and cringed. Friends or not, he hoped she was okay.

***

Something wet landed on her cheek and she jolted awake. She winced in pain when she moved her left arm too quickly. Slowly sitting up and cradling her arm, Molly looked around to see where she was. Stone walls stretched up several feet to a circular opening, and water dripped down from both sides, making the ground almost like mud. She stood up slowly, slightly shivering from the cold water that landed on her bare arms and legs. This wasn’t exactly the ideal place for someone with a T-shirt and cargo shorts.

Molly approached the wall and looked for any potential hand and footholds. There didn’t seem to be a lot, and she doubted she could properly climb with one of her arms in pain. She wasn’t sure if it was broken or not, but it definitely couldn’t be used properly. Glancing up at the opening, she wondered if anyone would be able to hear her if she called out.

“Hello? Hello! Can anyone help me?!”

Her voice echoed off the walls. After a few minutes, a figure appeared at the opening.

“Hey! I’m stuck down here, can you-?”

“You should be quiet."

Molly flinched at the figure’s tone. She recognized that voice; this was the guy who had spoken to her on the phone. That meant the call had been a fake. Her heart sank a bit.

“Why am I here?” she asked. “Why are you doing this?”

“Never you mind. Just shut up and don’t try anything funny. No one but us can hear you anyway.”

He moved from the opening and walked away. Molly leaned against the wall and bit her lip. She was on the verge of tears when she felt something shift in one of the button-up pockets on her shorts. With some difficulty, she managed to unbutton it and pull out the object.

It was her cell phone!

She suddenly remembered that she’d put her phone in her pocket earlier so that it wouldn’t have fallen out of her hands with all the stuff she’d been carrying. Turning it on (and mentally congratulating herself for recharging it before she’d left the apartment), Molly pulled up Facebook and found the ‘Facebook Live’ option. She hoped that this would work.

***

Travis paced back and forth in the office of Sergeant Octavia Malone, the officer he had come to the precinct with. She was talking to her boss about the situation with Molly, but the conversation didn’t seem to be going anywhere. When her boss left and Malone came back, Travis quickly approached her.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

“We are going to get your friend’s face on the news, but we really don’t have any leads on her kidnappers,” Malone said, taking a seat at her desk. “There are witnesses that said the vehicle that hit her van was medium-sized with a black paint job, but unfortunately, there are thousands of vehicles like that.”

“And the people that took her?”

“It’s been confirmed that the perpetrators were three men, roughly middle-aged, but they were wearing ski masks, so we don’t have any idea who they might be.”

“So you can’t do anything more than put her face on TV?”

“At the moment, I’m afraid so. But I promise we’ll do our best to find your friend.”

“We’re not friends, we’re just neighbors,” Travis sighed.

“You’re acting very worried over someone who’s ‘just’ a neighbor,” Malone said, smirking slightly.

“We’ve known each other for two years and we live across the hall from each other. Whether we’ve liked it or not, we’ve learned things about each other and as a result have developed a daily routine,” he explained.

“Whatever you say, sir.”

Suddenly Travis’s cell phone beeped.

“Sorry, Facebook notification, I’ll just-”

He paused when he looked at what the pop-up said.

“Oh my Lord,” he stuttered as he tapped it and a Facebook page came up.

“What’s wrong?” Malone asked, narrowing her eyes.

“It’s Molly!”

He showed her his phone and on the screen was a disheveled and scared Molly.

“If anyone’s watching, this is not a joke, I’ve been kidnapped and I’m in some sort of well but I don’t exactly know where I am,” she said in a rush. “My left arm is also in a lot of pain but I don’t know if it’s broken or not. Please call the police!”

Malone shot from her chair and walked out of her office, barking at Travis to follow her. He stood up quickly and tried to keep pace.

“Where are we going?”

“I’m going to see if our tech guys can trace her phone. You respond to her, tell her that her message is being received.”

“Right, got it.”

Travis began typing furiously as they walked into another room.

***

Molly stared at the well’s opening for a moment, making sure that her kidnappers weren’t going to show themselves before looking back at her phone. She blinked as a message appeared at the bottom of the screen. Her heart leapt when she saw it was from Travis.

I see you! I’m at the police station with some officers and we’re going to find you! Just keep your phone on and the video going!

“Oh…Travis, thank goodness,” she breathed. “Thank you, thank you, thank you! I don’t mean to rush you, but please hurry.”

We’re going to trace your phone! Hang in there!

“Okay, I’ll do my best.”

She glanced back up at the opening and prayed they would find her in time.

***

They had his phone hooked up to a computer and one of the tech guys was attempting to triangulate her phone signal. Travis was pacing again, his eyes never leaving Molly’s anxious face. He was immensely glad she was okay for the most part, but she still needed to be found. Just then the computer beeped and the tech guy exclaimed that they found her.

“She’s at an abandoned farmhouse a few miles out of town,” Malone stated.

Turning on her heel, she walked out of the room and began shouting orders.

“I need at least three squad cars and an ambulance, stat! Move, people!”

Travis grabbed his phone and quickly told Molly that they were on their way and followed Malone down the hall. She stopped him when they reached the front doors.

“Sorry, sir, I have to ask you to stay here.”

“Please let me come with!” he practically begged. “She’s scared and she’s going to want to see a familiar face when she’s rescued!”

“We don’t know if her kidnappers are armed or not. I can’t risk your safety-”

“I’ll stay in the car until you have the situation under control, just please let me come with you!”

Malone regarded him for a moment before letting out an exasperated sigh.

“Fine. We don’t have time to argue anyway. Let’s go.”

Travis nodded and rushed outside with her.

***

Faint footsteps from above made her gasp and face the wall.

“One of them is coming, I have to hide this, they don’t know I have it,” she whispered.

“Hey you! Turn around!”

Molly gulped and kept her phone out of sight as she faced the kidnapper.

“Just wanted to inform ya that as soon as a price is agreed on, you’re gonna get sold on the black market.”

“You…you’re trying to make money off me?”

“Been done before. Anyway, we almost got a price locked down, so sit tight.”

She tried to control her breathing as he walked away. Bringing out her phone, she saw another message from Travis had come through.

We’re very close to you! Just a few more minutes!

“Please hurry,” she said, her voice nearly diminished to a whisper from fear. “They want to sell me!”

She began walking around the circumference of the well as a way of expelling her nerves. After what seemed like forever, she heard the faint sound of police sirens and stopped halfway through a circuit. She snapped her head up to the opening and clutched her phone tightly. The voices of her kidnappers were shouting as the sirens came closer and closer. Molly prayed that they wouldn’t come back over to her; she was frozen in place with her phone exposed. They would probably have second thoughts about selling her and decide to kill her instead.

More voices joined in with her kidnappers and she quickly looked at her phone.

I came with the police. They’re apprehending the kidnappers now!

“Thank you,” Molly whispered, tears forming in her eyes. “Just…thank you.”

***

Once the three men were secure in a squad car, a few officers got supplies to get Molly out of the well. Travis stepped out of Malone’s car and shifted from foot to foot as he waited for them to bring her. When he finally saw her stumbling towards the ambulance with an officer on both sides, he let out a sigh of relief and hurried over to her. She was placed inside the ambulance and given a few painkillers along with a temporary sling around her arm and a blanket around her shoulders. He climbed in and sat next to her, and they both immediately hugged each other.

“It’s okay, it’s okay…” Travis said over and over, soothing her trembling form.

The ambulance began to move and headed back into town. After it had been quiet for some time, Molly sat up slightly and spoke.

“I owe you big for this.”

“No you don’t. I was just doing what any decent neighbor would do.”

“Saving my life was a little more than just ‘decent’. I need to do something.”

“You really don’t, but…”

He paused and thought for a moment.

“Well…do you think maybe I could be in one of your videos now?” he asked timidly.

Molly stared at him for a minute and then sighed.

“How about this. I’m potentially going to be one-handed for a while, so why don’t you help me film my videos?”

Travis’s face lit up.

“Really? S-Sure, I can do that!”

“Great.”

She rested her head back on his shoulder.

“Ugh, I’m gonna need a new van and a boatload of new equipment. There goes at least ninety-five percent of my savings. Crap.”

“I’ll help pay for any repairs and replacements you need to make.”

“Oh, Travis, you don’t-”

“Hey, it’s my turn to do something for you without asking, let me do it.”

Molly snorted and shook her head.

“Yeah, okay.”

***

Three weeks later

They observed the spectacle around them. A family of raccoons had invaded the backyard of Neil Klemson, and they were doing a thorough job of destroying it completely. Molly turned away from the chaos to look at Neil.

“My good man, we can help you get rid of this problem,” she said.

“Really?! Thank you! I was pretty close to freaking out over all this.”

“Well don’t worry; we’ll fix this as quickly as we can. Just let us get set up.”

She and Travis speed walked to the van and opened a side door.

“Okay, we need a tranquilizer gun with multiple tranquilizers in it, a couple of big wire cages, and you need to wear some safety gear just in case,” Molly recited as Travis pulled out all the necessary items.

“Can you get the camera set up by yourself?” he asked.

Though it didn’t end up being broken, her arm had still been damaged, and was to be in a sling for a few months.

“I’ll manage; you just put your gear on.”

As crazy and difficult as it was tranquilizing an entire family of raccoons, it certainly made for one entertaining video. After giving Neil a list of places he could go to get lawn care supplies, they loaded up the dozing rodents and drove in the direction of the wildlife center. Travis was driving as Molly couldn’t drive with only one hand.

“Well that was an experience,” he commented.

“An experience that’ll certainly gets us a lot of views and likes,” she stated happily.

Suddenly the car phone rang. Molly answered it.

“Hi, my name is Crystal Green, and I think I have something for you guys.”

“What’s your dilemma?”

“Well, I parked my car on the road, and just a few minutes ago, a giant tree fell on it. Is there anything you can do?”

“Of course. Just tell us your address and we’ll be there as soon as we can.”

“Awesome! Thanks, you guys! I’m at 422 Templeton Lane.”

“Looks like we’re in for a busy day,” Travis stated.

“Wouldn’t trade it for the world,” Molly said, smiling.

The End