Back To School Supplies That Every College Student Needs

13 Things Every College Kid Needs To Be Prepared For The First Day Of Classes (And Beyond)

A planner. You need a super good planner.

1555
https://unsplash.com/photos/jCIMcOpFHig

It's inevitable. School is coming. College classes are about to be back in full swing, and there are a couple of things you need to be prepared. Well, more than a couple, but these are the important ones. Everyone has different needs and wants when it comes to school, but here are 13 basic things all college kids need to make it through the semester.

1. A really good planner

I personally have this Lilly Pulitzer planner, and I love it. It is big enough for everything I need. You don't necessarily need a brand name planner, any one will do. (You can find a list of awesome planners here!) Just make sure to have one, and you'll never forget anything!

2. Copy paper and notebook paper

You think you're not going to need it... until you need a LOT of it. Copy paper for printing out all of your essays, and notebook paper for writing your notes.

3. A backpack

GET A GOOD BACKPACK. You need one that is going to hold all your stuff, and not kill your back. I personally LOVE this Northface one.

4. A laptop or iPad

Invest in a laptop or iPad to help you with assignments. I personally use an iPad with a keyboard to take notes, and it is amazing. You're definitely going to need a good laptop to help you throughout college.

5. A couple of notebooks

Or just one notebook with dividers for different subjects. I personally like this Fivestar one because it is super durable, and has plenty of pages.

6. Pens

You will definitely need some good pens. It doesn't really matter the type of pen, but just make sure that you have some. A lot of teachers want you to write in pen on assignments, and you always need a good blue or black pen. These pens are my personal favorite.

7. Pencils

This is a no-brainer. Make sure you have some pencils because you're going to need them. Every college kid needs a pack of pencils to make it through the semester.

8. Scantrons

With pencils comes Scantrons. I haven't had a semester where I didn't need a Scantron of some sort. You can find these on your local campus bookstore, and they're very cheap!

9. A file expander

File expander, stuff it expander, or paper holder. Whatever you call it, you need one of these. They will make your life so much easier by helping you be organized.

10. White out

Honestly, you would think that you didn't need it... but it comes in handy. You never know when you're going to make a mistake.

11. A good pair of tennis shoes

Trust me, you need this. Especially for those long walks to your classes. You won't regret investing in a good pair of tennis shoes.

12. A good printer

You don't need something fancy. You just need a nice printer like this HP one, and it will get the job done.

13. Index cards

You will use these for everything.. especially studying. I have went through hundreds of these things and they've never done me wrong.