Back To School Isn't So Bad...Right?

Back To School Isn't So Bad...Right?

Looking on the bright side of school starting.

26
Back To School Isn't So Bad...Right?
Business Insider

I know what you’re thinking.

“Ew, school.”

But first, let's recap: Summer’s been a blast. You’ve gone on vacations, caught up on sleep and your Netflix queue, played in the sun and achieved a tan twice the shade of your normal skin color and stayed up many endless nights doing who knows what with your friends. You’ve enjoyed the stress-free, homework-less days, giving your brain a well deserved break.

But it’s time. It’s time for the gears to start grinding again. As much as you want to ignore the inevitable, school is right around the corner. Before you know it, you’ll be back into the school routine.

Stop crying! This is good. Get excited! Whether you’re entering another year of high school or starting another semester of college, let’s look on the bright side of this school year and the positive aspects of it:

FRIENDS

Yay for friends! Whether it's your close friends, school friends, or even your friends' friends, the start of school is the best time to catch up with them and find out all about their summer. You can always guarantee seeing their smiling faces in the halls or around campus. Friends undoubtedly make school 10x better, so get excited to see them and create more memories!

SCHOOL SPIRIT

Alright, c’mon, no matter how much you pretend to think it’s corny or lame, we all love school spirit deep down. The energy produced from a gym pep rally or a college football game can fill you with such pride and excitement to be apart of an amazing school. The greatness of this school spirit is, no matter who you are or what “clique” or “group” you’re in, everybody participates. The entire student body rallies together in excitement to show emotional (and physical if you’re that person who uses those crazy body paints) support of your school. There is no shame in showing pride for your school or university!

LEARNING

Before you skip this paragraph, just hear me out. I know, I know, I sound like a nagging parent, but why else do you go to school? To learn. Now, as much as we love to veg out on the couch and watch twelve episodes of The Office reruns, your brain needs to grow. The sole purpose of school is to gain knowledge so we can live an educated life and find a subject you’re good at, in hopes to find a job in that area.
We all have goals for our life… and most of those goals require graduating first. So why not learn and absorb as much education as we can now, while we’re young? Plus, we are paying for it so let’s not waste it.

SCHOOL SUPPLIES

If you’re like me, this is my favorite part of getting ready for school. I cannot get through the Target doors fast enough to find the cutest patterned binders, brightest highlighters and trendiest outfits, of course. School supplies are a great way to express yourself, especially if you go to a private school and have to wear uniforms.

EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES

Homecoming, football games, tailgating, rush week... all these and more
are some of the best moments and events during high school and college.
Most highlights of the year are made at these games and activities. I
can promise you this year you will create the most unforgettable moments
and have a great school year!