Everything You Need To Know About The Avril Lavigne Conspiracy Theory

is Avril Lavigne Dead?

5169

By now you’ve heard that the Avril Lavigne conspiracy theory is back, and it’s stronger than ever before. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, allow me to explain.

In 2005 a theory was released saying that Avril Lavigne supposedly hung herself at the peak of her career in 2003 after the death of her Grandfather- her best friend and biggest supporter. The record company then chose to continue her career using a look-a-like whose real name is supposedly Melissa Vandella. “Melissa” is said to have been hired early in Avril’s career to pose for paparazzi because the young singer just couldn’t handle the pressure. The two quickly became friends. After her death, “Melissa” was then hired to continue “being” Avril.

This theory is said to have originated on a Brazilian fan page.

Since then, the theory has resurfaced by a fan on twitter with the handle @givenchyass.

Now, I’m not one to believe conspiracy theories or anything, really, without evidence, but this theory has me SHOOK. Here are the facts; do with them what you will. You are more than capable of forming your own opinion.

This is the main image that the theory revolves around. Here, theorists have analyzed the shape of her eyes, specifically the inside corners, her nose, and her lips.

Other things to consider include:

Change of clothing style

In her early music videos, Avril is seen in her signature punk rock, skater girl, style. Then, in her later videos, she’s sporting cupcakes. Really? Cupcakes?

Change of music style

Avril was known everywhere for her punk rock music. Is it just a coincidence that after her alleged suicide, her music takes a drastic turn to the pop side? Even after she was known for her dislike of pop music?

Music video production

So aside from the music itself, the production of the videos has changed. From her mall-crashing style to again, pop-like style and production.

Jawline

No need for an explanation here.

Hair (roots, specifically)

In many of the recent pictures of Avril, there is never any sign of roots the color of old Avril’s hair. In the pictures where you can see roots, they’re more of a light brown, not a ginger-y brown. In order to keep up with no roots showing, one would have to dye their hair very consistency, multiple times a month. When I color my hair, my natural color always shows at the roots, however some of my friends who color their hair don’t have natural colored roots for some reason.

Now “missing” birth marks

However, with tanning and aging, certain blemishes can disappear.

Photoshoots

Is it a coincidence that in a 2004 photoshoot she has “Melissa” written on her hand? However, if this theory is true, why would they make something like that so obvious? To write Melissa on her hand just seems too straightforward to me.

Interviews

In one of her interviews, when asked if she was an imposter, Avril was very tense and nervous, and then during her performance on the interview, she was seem stumbling and forgetting the words to her own songs.

Under My Skin Album

The first album released after Avril’s “death” seems to leak insight to said death. “My Happy Ending” and “Nobody’s Home” both offer insight to the alleged death of the singer. This album is said to have been written after her Grandfather’s death. She would lock herself away and write for weeks on end. We can’t help but think this was what she wrote. Or maybe, The songs she wrote were modified.- Just another thought. Again, though, I feel like hinting at this is too obvious. If they're trying to keep quiet about her death, why would they want to lead anyone to believe this?

Nobody’s Home:

“I couldn't tell you
Why she felt that way
She felt it everyday
And I couldn't help her
I just watched her make
The same mistakes again”

My Happy Ending:

“So much for my happy ending
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Let's talk this over
It's not like we're dead
Was it something I did?
Was it something you said?
Don't leave me hanging
In a city so dead
Held up so high on such a breakable thread”

Together:

The truth comes to me and I’m living a lie“.

Red Carpet Appearances

Avril’s appearance on the red carpet took a drastic change after her “death." She went from wearing pants and looking a bit uncomfortable (maybe why Melissa was hired in the first place??) to then wearing dresses and loving the attention. Let's ignore the fact that once upon a time she was 17 and is now in her 30's.

Accent

Her Canadian accent is gone now. When you live in America, it is common to lose your accent, but that much? I don’t know…

Evan Taubenfeld

Taubenfeld was a close friend of Lavigne's, and also a bend member. he left the group in early 2004. In one of the songs he sings alongside Lavigne, "I never thought I'd lose my best friend"

~

I’m fully aware that artist can change their style, look and sound. Plastic surgery is a thing, growing up is real, aging is most definitely real (17 to 32 and her style has changed? No way!) and so is Photoshop. Opposing sides to the theory include that her smile is the same, her teeth are the same, and her laugh is the same.

The original writer of the first blog has come forward to say that it was all an experiment to show how hoax's and theories can go viral and how quick we are to believe anything we read. Since coming clean, the theory has still grown. So who really knows what's true and what isn't anymore. I'm not here to tell you what to believe. Take this information, form your own opinion, and stop letting the media control everything you believe. Here are more images and video links to help you form an educated opinion.

This image is said to have been photoshopped. Notice the reflection of the shoes on one,m but not the other.

The uneven-ness of the lips and eyes could be just from trying to merge the images together, but could also be because there's a chance it's two different people.

same smile.

Significant style change.

Twitter Thread

British Fan Blog

NME Blog

Old Avril Lavigne Hoax Goes Viral

GLAMOUR MAG Avril Dead?

Rolling Stone Magazine