How To Avoid Movie And TV Show Spoilers

How To Avoid Movie And TV Show Spoilers

Buckle up, get your notepad, and get ready to be spoiler free.

29

With "Avengers: Endgame" coming out in a few days, it's vital that you try your best to avoid spoilers at all costs. You wouldn't want to ruin your experience, would you? Listen closely. I know a few tips and tricks to help you avoid those dastardly leaks and spoilers.

1. Stay away from social media

This one is a tough one even for me. Staying away from all social media during the launch week of the movie is your best option. That means no Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and yes, even Snapchat. You can't take any chances. Obviously, some sites are more than dangerous than others, but when you least expect it you see either your friend or a complete stranger post something, and then you're sitting there rethinking your life choices. Trust me, it happened to me before.

2. Filter your search words

Now I don't know about other social media sites, but with Twitter, you can block certain words from coming up onto your page. Yesterday I blocked any words or names that have anything to do with "Endgame" for the whole launch week since I'm seeing it this weekend. Since then, I haven't seen anything related to it pop up onto my timeline. However, sometimes this system doesn't stop people from posting photos or videos, so use this method at your own risk. Don't blame me if it falls through for you.

3. Going day one 

If you have the funds and the time, you could always go to the movie on release day. That way you don't have to worry about spoilers. The only responsibility that you have is that you don't spoil the movie for everybody else. If you don't do that, then you have nothing to worry about.

4. Man/woman up about it

In the end, if you don't wanna be cautious about seeing spoilers and you really don't care about them, then that's OK. If you do see it, it's just one part of the movie that you know, and that's all it is. It's not going to ruin the whole movie for you, and it shouldn't. Enjoy the movie for what it is and don't be afraid to have a good time.

And most of all, DON'T be the person who posts spoilers and ruins the movie for other people!