5 Ways To Avoid The Post-Labor Day Slump

It's here, it's real, and it's happening.

13

So you survived your first few weeks of college. Maybe they were awesome and you made so many, new friends. Or maybe they were tough and going home for labor day was the most comfortable you have been since move-in.

Either way, everyone goes into a slump after labor day. Nothing's new, classes are in full swing, and it's about to get REALLY cold. Here are a few ways to avoid that slump and make the best of this semester!

1. Find Your Place

The library, your sorority or fraternity house, the grassy area right next to your dorm. These are all places to make your place. When I say find your place, I really mean is to find a place where you can do everything.

Find a place you can study, find a place you can cry, and find a place that you can have an hour-long conversation with your best friend. This place will be a home to you for the next few years.

2. Get Involved

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know that everyone says to get involved on campus. It's actually really hard, but let me tell you something it really is worth it. All of my friends are from different organizations that I have joined.

Not only will you meet so many people, but college finally starts to feel a little less like just a place you learn and more like home.

3. Make A Routine/Schedule

Scheduling your days out may make you feel like you are doing the same motions week in and week out. However, making a schedule will make you less stressed and feel more coordinated.

The moment I began scheduling out my week in my planner, I started feeling so much better.

4. Make Time For Fun

No one should spend all of college studying in the library. Go have some fun with your friends. Every once in a while enjoy being young and in college.

Yes, academics comes first, but that doesn't mean you have to live a boring life. You can go to the club, or go hang out with your friends!

5. Ask For Help When You Need It

You are going to need help at least once this semester. Maybe you didn't show up to class for some reason and you are missing some notes.

Ask a classmate! Maybe you don't know where you are going. Ask someone on campus! Maybe you are having a bad day. Ask for help from a counselor! Once you learn to ask for help you will not fear anything!