The Average College Week As Told By 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia'

Ironic emphasis on the word "average."

54
Quotes Gram

College experiences differ from person to person, depending on personality, school, friends, extracurriculars, etc. But being a college student, no matter the individual, can usually be defined by a busy schedule, loads of schoolwork, worrying about jobs and the future, and of course, setting aside some time for fun.

But for those of you non-college audience members out there who just don't know what it's like, here's a breakdown of a week in the life of your average college student:

Monday:

Surviving class.

It's Monday. You force yourself out of bed ten minutes before class and question why you thought it would be a good idea to start every week this semester with an 8 am. You sit in class replaying the regretful events of the weekend in your head. You're wondering how you're going to finish that 5-page philosophy paper for Wednesday, get a decent grade on that photography assignment for Thursday, and make your life seem decent for that internship interview tomorrow.

Happy Monday, folks.

Tuesday:

Smoke and mirrors, baby.

You took a shower. You brushed your hair. You put on the nicest outfit you own. They don't need to know what you did this past weekend. These Craigslist people are top-notch, and you gotta impress them.

You stepped into that future employer's office. You bullshitted your way through an interview. You thought the excessive thumbs up were an excellent idea. The interviewer only gave you three weird looks throughout the entire course of the interview.

You finished the paper. Heck yes.

"I only stayed up till 2:30." Not a bad day.

Wednesday:

Being forced to go outdoors.

You just found out that you have to do the photography assignment outside in nature, which is a shame because you just took a bunch of half-assed pictures in your dorm room and were more than okay with the minimal amount of effort.

You also don't remember the last time you spent more than five minutes outside. That's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

Thursday:

You failed the paper.

How did the professor grade these so fast? Was your paper even read? Or were you just labeled as a failure from the start? Accurate.

But wait... there's good news.

You got the internship! Take that, thumbs-up haters!

It might be because you're the only one who applied, and this business might not be exactly what it says it is. But who cares?

Friday:

Getting ready to go out

Time to celebrate the fact that you got through this school week without spontaneously combusting! Yes! Going out with friends! It's gonna be lit!

The end of the night

The "I hate myself."

You'll have a better time tomorrow.

Saturday

Getting ready to go out

Yes! Going out with friends! It's gonna be lit! Tonight's gonna be completely different than last night and you guys are gonna have a totally different experience!

The end of the night

The "I hate myself."

Nothing was different tonight, except this time you guys got written up.

Sunday

Looking back on the week

You bombed your philosophy paper, you were forced to go outdoors, you might be working for an illegal organization, and you and your friends got written up.

But honestly, you're ready to do it all again next week.

Wait...doesn't the week start on Sunday and not Monday?... Alright, clean slate!