What ‘Marvel’s Avengers’ Character You Are Based On Your Enneagram

Are you more of a Captain America or Iron Man type? Keep scrolling to find out!

4694
LA Magazine

I've recently begun re-watching all of the movies in the MCU. Mostly, this task was undertaken as a quarantine project to break up the monotony of online college courses and zoom calls, but I'm also utilizing it as an opportunity to begin introducing my grandparents to the complex world of marvel movies. In intense action movies like the ones in the MCU, part of the appeal in watching is asking yourself what you would do if you too were faced with the reality of an earth-shattering event where all eyes turned to you and the other members of earth's mightiest heroes. Well reader, wonder no more; below is a definitive list of what avenger you are based on your enneagram type! Warning: light spoilers ahead!

Before reading further, if you don't know your enneagram type you should take a quick test here to find out what your type is. Then, keep scrolling to find out which avenger most closely matches your enneagram type!

Type 2-The Helper: Spider-Man

Type 2s are characterized as the caring and interpersonal type. Peter Parker is always there to lend a helping hand, which is the perfect role for your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. His relationship with Tony Stark's Iron Man is critical in the MCU, and Spider-Man can be seen throughout the films lending a helping hand to Tony's cause regardless of whether or not he was asked to pitch in. Additionally, type 2s like Spider-Man have an innate need to be loved and needed by others, which manifests itself in his relationships with friends like Tony Stark and family members like Aunt May. If you're a type 2, congrats! You're most like Spider-Man.

Type 3-The Achiever: Iron Man

Type 3s are known as the success-oriented, pragmatic type. Focused on self development, public image, and social status, it's obvious that this type would apply to everyone's favorite genius/billionaire/playboy/philanthropist. Iron Man is constantly focused on development throughout the MCU developing new suits, new technologies, and new relationships to better himself and the Avenger's team overall. Tony Stark is also concerned with his image in the eyes of others, often taking the time to prove assumptions about him wrong in order to reinforce his identity as a hero. If your enneagram type is type 3, congrats! You're most like Iron Man.

Type 4-The Individualist: Scarlet Witch

Type 4s are known as the sensitive and withdrawn type. Scarlet Witch is the perfect Avenger for this enneagram type because she is one of the only Avengers whose feelings and emotions comprise a significant role in her actions throughout all of the movies she appears in. Often the dramatic, expressive, and temperamental actor on the team, Scarlet Witch expresses her sensitivity and vulnerability both to the success and sometimes to the detriment of the team. Her unique set of experiences and losses throughout the series define her character, and she used those emotions as power rather than as an excuse to stop fighting. If you're an enneagram type 4, congrats! You're most like Scarlet Witch.

Type 5-The Investigator: Black Panther

Type 5s are characterized by their innovative nature, and their proclivity for isolation. Arguably no Avenger is more isolated than Black Panther, as he keeps to himself in the secluded African nation of Wakanda. Speaking of Wakanda, no other location in the MCU is as big a beacon of innovation, and the use of brain power to push the limits of what is possible in Wakanda relates directly to Black Panther's character as a type 5. Additionally, T'Challa is often reserved and introspective, projecting regality and nobility through his mindfulness and thoughtfulness towards others. This perfectly aligns with Black Panther being an enneagram type 5. If you're a type 5, congrats! You're most like Black Panther.

Type 6-The Loyalist: Hawkeye

Type 6s are known for being committed and security oriented. Clint Barton's Hawkeye fits right in with this description. Hawkeye seeks security throughout the MCU not only for himself, but especially for his family. Hawkeye also generally takes the safer option when presented with choices in order to protect his family and acts secretively in order to preserve his double lifestyle from other members of the team. This doesn't make Hawkeye a total buzzkill though, in fact he can be seen risking his life for others multiple times as the movies unfold showing his defiance towards his own anxieties about losing his family, which is yet another trait of type 6s. If your enneagram type is type 6, congrats! You're most like Hawkeye.

Type 7-The Enthusiast: Star-Lord

Type 7s are characterized as the busy, fun-loving type which describes the 70s rock superfan and guardian of the galaxy Star Lord perfectly. Peter Quill has a tendency to be distractible and slightly scattered especially in moments when emotions run high, and he can be seen using fun or interesting diversions to distract himself from the weight of his past throughout the movies. At his core though, Star Lord is a 'dancer' who seeks out the best in each moment and constantly looks to the future as an opportunity for adventure and fun. If you're an enneagram type 7, congrats! You're most like Star Lord.

Type 8-The Challenger: Thor

Type 8s are known as the powerful, dominating type and are easily identifiable based on their high levels of self confidence and their occasionally confrontational nature. Thor Odinson fits this enneagram type perfectly because of his charismatic, decisive, and self assured nature. One of the ways in which we see Thor acting as a type 8 pushed to his limits in the MCU is his fall from grace following the events of infinity war. To type 8 Thor, the blow was too much to bear considering he was ultimately responsible for the first snap after choosing to revel in his victory instead of "going for the head", so to speak. However, Endgame shows us that even in the darkest of times, type 8s will always be motivated by an opportunity to fight for others and highlights the perseverance and drive within Thor. If you're a type 8, congrats! You're most like Thor.

Type 9-The Peacemaker: Bruce Banner

Type 9s are characterized as the easygoing, self-effacing type. Now, I know what you're thinking: "Hulk? Easygoing?? I don't think so." In this case though, I'm focusing just on Banner, not on Hulk. Bruce Banner himself can be seen acting as a type 9 throughout the MCU in direct contrast to the personality of his green alter ego. Banner is often the one attempting to weigh out options in order to come to a peaceful resolution of conflict, and acting to create a calm and positive environment for discussion for the rest of the Avengers. Is he behaving in this way purely to keep the big green guy from making an appearance? Maybe. But regardless of his intentions, Banner can definitely be seen acting as a type 9 several times in the movies. If your enneagram type is type 9, congrats! You're most like Bruce Banner.

Type 1-The Reformer: Captain America

Type 1s are classified as the perfectionists and the rational, idealistic type which fits Cap's character to a T. Steve Rodgers is a character with a powerful sense of right and wrong, and is guided throughout the MCU by his moral compass. At his worst, Captain America's desires to do the right thing end up doing a disservice to the functionality of the team, but at his best Cap is a guiding light for the rest of the Avengers and a natural leader of the group. His willingness to stand up for what he knows is right and to leave behind the life he knew before he was discovered in the ice shows that he is a type 1 through and through. If your enneagram type is type 1, congrats! You're most like Captain America.

Now that you know which Avenger you are, it's time to get out there and save the world! Click here to get more information about how you can play a part in saving our future from the forces of evil. Avengers...assemble!