5 Ways To Prepare For Autumn

If you're like me, you are counting down the days for when it's socially acceptable to be excited about autumn. I always like to prepare for what I want to have around me to make the fall season as festive as possible.

1. Candles, candles, and more candles

Photo by Joanna Kosinska on Unsplash

I may or may not go overboard with how many "autumn tree" scented candles I have. I usually like to go to Marshall's or Ross to look because they usually have pretty good deals and a large variety. Other good places where I have found some of my favorite scents are Bath & Body Works or Kirkland Homes.

2. Plan recipes 

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

When it starts to get a bit colder outside, I tend to have a change in appetite. I constantly crave a lot more savory and warm foods that enjoy eating when I feel it getting chilly and I always find myself adding cinnamon to lots of things. Having some ideas for what foods you want to make a fun way to prepare for fall, especially if you live with roommates and want to plan together!

3. Decorate your room

Photo by 张 嘴 on Unsplash

You can easily do this on a college-friendly budget. During these months I love going to the Dollar Store because I am never disappointed with the selection of autumn decorations they have or with the price. Having my space decorated always puts me in a more festive mood!

4. Fall wardrobe

Photo by Allef Vinicius on Unsplash

This is one of my most favorite things about fall. I love wearing darker colors all year round but during autumn it makes me feel more in the spirit. Adding more maroons, browns, oranges, and mustard-yellows to my clothes is an easy way to transform my wardrobe.

5. Explore nature

Photo by Nathan Anderson on Unsplash

Where I live, only certain areas have areas where autumn shows it's true colors. Go hike or explore somewhere near you that puts you in the spirit of autumn! I love seeing the leaves change color and breathing in the crisp fall air.

Fall is one of my favorite seasons and I always try to make the most of it while it lasts. I love that first cool breeze that lets me know that autumn is getting closer. Keep counting down the days!