Audi Takes A Stand

Audi Takes A Stand

For years, Audi has always brought powerful cinematic ads to the Super Bowl. This year is no different as they debut an empowering advertisement to promote gender equality.

3
Audi Takes A Stand
nj.com

The new commercial from Audi, “Daughter,” is centered around gender equality. The scene depicts a father watching his daughter in a cart race. As he watches her dominate the race, questions start to run through his head.

“What do I tell my daughter? Do I tell her that her grandpa is worth more than her grandma? That her dad is worth more than her mom? Do I tell her that despite her education or drive or skills, her intelligence, she will automatically be valued as less than any man she ever meets? Or maybe, I’ll be able to tell her something different.”

There is controversy surrounding this commercial and there is absolutely no reason for there to be.

Gender equality is an entirely positive movement. Equal pay for Equal work should be something to support without even giving it a second thought.

This commercial should not be looked down upon as everyone should want equality for their grandmothers, mothers, daughters and granddaughters.

I would also like to point out the bravery that Audi showed in taking a stance on this subject. To see the negative response, all one has to do is take a look at the comments on YouTube. Many are claiming that they will not buy from Audi anymore or they are ashamed to own an Audi.

The commercial will air during the Super Bowl during the third quarter. Last year the Super Bowl had over 100 million viewers, making it the perfect place to air an important message such as this one.

My hope is that we can all get on board to help #DriveProress.

Progress is for everyone.