Top 5 Sites to Visit in Sharjah

Top 5 Sites to Visit in Sharjah

Visit the top 5 sites in Sharjah with luxury bus rental service

13
Top 5 Sites to Visit in Sharjah

Sharjah is the United Arab Emirates' arts capital when it comes to preserving the country's rich cultural legacy. Whereas other UAE emirates focus on beach tourism, shopping malls, and modern skyscrapers, Sharjah focuses on history and culture. In order to recognize the efforts made to conserve the region's rich cultural values and history, UNESCO bestowed the title of Cultural Capital of the Arab World on Sharjah in 1998.

Sharjah is the finest destination in the Emirates for art and history enthusiasts. From the world-renowned Sharjah Art Museum to the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization, as well as exploring the neighboring Heritage Sites, you can be sure to have a great day with your friends and family. Aside from the heritage monuments, you may also spend time at Al Noor Island and the Sharjah Desert Park. Then there's the Mleiha Archaeological Site, which has a lot to offer to history lovers. So, book your sightseeing tour with AtoZ Bus Rental, which offers 30-Seater Bus Rental Service in Sharjah, and you will be able to visit the major attractions in the Cultural Capital all in a single day trip.

Now let’s plan your Sharjah tour with our list of the top tourist destinations in the emirate of Al Sharjah.

Sharjah Art Museum

This state-of-the-art institution, which opened in 1997 and comprises a massive collection and a program of momentary exhibitions, is among the biggest art and design museums in the United Arab Emirates.

The galleries, which are situated across three floors, showcase artworks by Arab artists from all around the Arabian Peninsula. The flagship collection comprises an exhibition section dedicated to pieces from the Barjeel Collection, presenting a diverse range of noteworthy Middle Eastern contemporary art.

Other exhibitions feature paintings by 18th- and 19th-century artists who traveled the Middle East and were enthralled by the landscape, architecture, and culture. Sharjah watercolors can also be found in the Ali Darwish gallery.

Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization

The Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization is a great site to learn about the rich history of Islamic and Arabic civilization. There are a lot of scientific and religious documents on show, and collections of Islamic arts and design works from the 7th to the 19th century. With exhibitions of Mughal and Ottoman craftsmanship, the museum also illustrates the far-reaching roots of Islamic civilization.

Sharjah Heritage Area

The Sharjah Heritage Area is a tiny neighborhood in central Sharjah that has been renovated. Several traditional Emirati buildings have been maintained and are now used as museums. Souk Al Arsah is claimed to be the region's oldest extant bazaar. It has been completely rebuilt in the classic manner and currently houses a variety of shops.

Mleiha Archaeological Site

Sharjah's Mleiha Archaeological Site is among the best tourist destinations in the UAE to discover about great heritage of the Arab World while also enjoying several outdoor activities. Mleiha is located 60 kilometers east of Sharjah city, near the little village of Mleiha. The importance of this multi-layered archaeological site to our comprehension of primitive times cannot be overstated. The first trace of Prehistoric human influence from outside of African region was discovered in these caves. Desert activities feature 4WD drives through the sand dunes, horseback rides in the deserts, and treks. The tourist facilities offer archeological tours of the popular sites, as well as climbs up to caverns where evidence of prehistoric homo settlement has been discovered.

Sharjah Fort

Sharjah Fort, also known in Arabic as Al Hisn, is located on the fringes of the Heritage District. The fort was constructed some 200 years ago to serve as a defense facility for the town of Sharjah and was home to the emirate's royal dynasty. The halls of this fort include relics of Sharjah's rich history and prominence in the gulf nations' commerce routes. From the fort's roof, visitors may get a wonderful view of the Heritage District.

So, if you've decided to experience Sharjah's rich history and culture, AtoZ Bus Rental is offering its 30-Seater Bus Rental Services in Sharjah to help you visit the sights in the most convenient way possible all in a daylong trip.