I Asked People About Their Worst 'Dating' Experiences

15 People Told Me About Their​ Dating disaster Experiences

I dare you not to cringe.

1095
Photo by Jack Finnigan on Unsplash

Sometimes a question gets stuck in my head and rattles around until it gets answered. The most recent question I had was this: What is the worst date you've ever been on? After asking a few people, the question devolved into horrible experiences with people of the opposite gender.

Ladies and gents, I give you answers to my question:

1. Bob, 20

"I went with a girl to get breakfast at a local place and she would not stop talking about herself: How much money her dad made, how she was going to be a freshman at Yale the next year, how her brother was a star basketball player..."

2. Lauren, 19

"We were going out for my birthday to a nice restaurant. I had some homework to do on the way there but didn't finish so he agreed to drive home. However, he decided to get drunk at the restaurant, asked me to chip in on the bill for my birthday dinner, and asked if I could drive home knowing I had my homework to do. We got home at 11:30 so I had a half hour to do the rest of my homework. Needless to say, he was shortly discarded from my life."

3. Ethan, 20

"I went to dinner with my girlfriend. I didn't realize until about 20 minutes into the dinner that my ex and her entire family were eating in the booth next to us."

4. Cate, 20

"My boyfriend (of about a year) wanted to go to a party. He asked me to drive and come with him because he knew he was going to drink/smoke. I obviously said yes, but got super bad anxiety later on in the day, so that night, I was forced to go. At the party, I got super uncomfortable and walked out to his car.

His friends eventually convinced him to come to talk to me. We sat in his car screaming and yelling at each other for 20 minutes. He went back inside, but his friends were like, "No, you need to leave. Your girl is sitting in the car, she is more important".

So he came back to the car, we left, and went back to his house. We had a screaming fit. He actually broke up with me that night even though he was intoxicated. My dumb ass fought for him, so I told him he could dump me when he was sober. I left a few minutes later. We obviously broke up a few weeks later. Hands down my worst experience ever with a guy."

5. Dan, 21

"I had a first date where the girl got hammered before I showed up and passed out 5 minutes into the date."

6. Hannah, 19

"When I lost my virginity, I was too nervous to tell the guy that I was a virgin so I just didn't, but he found out. We were in a bed and there was an open window next to it. The next morning when I woke up, there was a squirrel in the bed."

7. Annabeth, 20

"One time, a guy asked me out and I fainted on someone. I woke up, the guy asked me out AGAIN, and I threw up into a trash can."

8. Mackenzie, 19

"I was on a date with my boyfriend of 3 months. I told him that I wasn't sure if I wanted biological kids because pregnancy scares me. He started crying because he was scared that what I told him would affect our future together."

9. Brittney, 20

"I met up at an outlet mall with a guy who I had met online. Once we started walking around, I knew from the first five minutes that we didn't click. He was cute, but something about him was off. After a while, we go back into his car and listened to music.

He tries to be smooth and says, "Oh what's that on your shirt?" I looked down and he takes his finger under my chin, turns my face towards him, and just starts kissing the life out of me. It was disgusting. I didn't want to kiss him. In the end, I wanted to leave so I made up an excuse and he took me home.

The 15-minute car ride back to my house was the most awkward 15 minutes ever."

10. Caleb, 18

"I was stood up to the ONLY date I ever planned. We were supposed to see Batman v. Superman. She texted me during the previews that she couldn't make it. I teared up during the movie at random bits thinking of it. And then at one point, when I was legitimately about to bawl my eyes out, this little kid started crying because his favorite superhero was about to die. I laughed hard at that."

11. Brian, 19

"In 7th grade, I asked a girl to be my girlfriend and she said yes, but the next week she moved to Mexico."

12. Kate, 21

"A guy took me out on our first date on Valentine's Day. We didn't talk the entire time and he took a call in the middle of the dinner."

13. Alec, 20

"I spent a whole day with a girl and then, at a campfire, she came out as a lesbian."

14. Caitlynn, 20

"I wanted to go out on a date with this guy. It was our first date. Granted, the guy was kind of shy, but he didn't text me back for 3 hours after the time we were supposed to meet to go to the movies. He finally texts me, says he got caught up on his farm and arrives with three of his friends.

We go to the movies like we planned, but his friends wanted to see a different movie. He asked me if he could watch the movie with them which would leave me by myself. He ended up going with me because he could tell I was over this. He takes me home after and tells me he had a great time. Come to find out he was out on a date with another girl on the farm the 3 hours before our date."

15. Mckenzie, 20

"My boyfriend broke up with me because he got a concussion and forgot who I was."

*-Stories have been edited for the sake of length and clarity.