No matter your own ethnicity, here are six popular Asian fashion influencers to follow on Instagram. Get inspired by their fashion and images!
Popular Right Now
It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning.
You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret.
So here are 20 tattoos you can't go wrong with. Each tattoo has its own unique meaning, but don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semicolon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6. Greek symbol of Inguz: Where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya).
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty, and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki" means to do something with soul, passion, love, and creativity or to put yourself into whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from "The Hobbit." It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris" means “light in darkness."
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength and stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora" is translated literally as “Towards greater things." It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyph means “explore." It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower's first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe and the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can remind us of the inconsistency of life. It also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
Breaking up with a significant other and ending a romantic relationship is a form of heartbreak that is covered by the mass: we have movies that depict the kind of situation and songs that tell of the pain. Yet there's another kind of end to a relationship that is less covered and equally as agonizing — the end of a friendship.
You've most definitely heard of toxic romantic relationships, but toxic friendships are often overlooked. We tell ourselves that it's just a part of life, that sometimes friends hurt us and sometimes we fight. We find ourselves forgiving these people, despite the consistent pain that they put us under.
Toxicity is common within friends. A toxic friend feeds off of your hurt. They leave you out intentionally or create group chats without you. They'll constantly make you feel bad about yourself and make you believe that you are the one who's in the wrong. They utterly lack empathy, and don't care whether or not you are hurting, nor will they ask if you're okay. Typically, they love drama and will generate it at any given moment. They are pretty self-centered and only care about their own problems, never asking or listening to you about your own.
When a friend is causing you more stress than happiness, more harm than good, then they are not worth it. Friends are the people in your life who are supposed to be there for you and help you through this crazy, mixed-up world, and if someone is doing the exact opposite, you need to walk away.
The first step to letting these people go is to confront them for the last time. Try and discuss the situation with them. Generate conversation to see if there is an underlying problem that could be helped. If this person is still displaying toxic behaviors, you'll know that you've done everything you can to make it work and that this person is just someone who is never going to change their ways.
And the only thing left to do is to let them go.
It's not easy. In fact, it's nearly the furthest thing from it. It can alter your entire life, whether it be changing the dynamics within your friend group or distancing yourself from this toxic person. A lot of the times, the task of detaching yourself from a toxic friend seems so complex that we give up and forgive them.
Don't. As hard as it is, it will get easier. While one door closes, another one will open. You may find yourself open to new people and opportunities that you had never had when you were caught up with your old friend. You'll have time to learn to love yourself more because once you start to love yourself, you'll be able to more clearly differentiate between toxic and healthy treatment.
Some friends aren't forever. And that's okay. They come into your life, teach you lessons, provide memories, and leave. You are better off without that pain in your life. Know that not every person that comes into your life is going to be this way. You'll find people who are undyingly loving, supporting, and kind, who will be there for the rest of your lives. They will fill the void of what your toxic friend will never be able to be.