16 Best Romantic Asian TV Dramas To Watch While Stuck At Home

Fill your days at home with a dash of romance and a whole lot of squealing, shipping, and binge watching.

381
person watching TV
https://pixabay.com/photos/everyday-routine-tv-watching-tv-912097/

If you're like me and are stuck at home because of COVID-19, completely bored out of your gord, then I have the best of my hand-picked romantic Asian TV dramas for you! I am an avid watcher of all things Asian drama, and I shall proudly present my favorite Korean and Chinese (+ 1 Japanese!!) TV series that will have you binging all day and night. (The best part about this list is that all of the TV dramas listed are free to watch on Netflix or Viki!!)

1. "Descendants of the Sun" (2016)

Girl holding bar

Kang Mo-Yeon looking @ Yoo Shi-jin

@dots.dkrama

By far my most favorite Drama EVER, this story follows Kang Mo-Yeon who is a surgical doctor only looking to become a professor. But just when she is about to achieve her goals, her life takes a turn in a direction she would have never thought of (and to someone who is more complicated than he seems).

2. "While You Were Sleeping"' (2017)

Man hugging girl in the snow

Jung Jae-chan and Nam Hong-joo

@ryaljs0206

My second fav is definitely this drama. This story involves sci-fi and crime-fighting while incorporating a steady romance to give comic relief.

3. "Romance is a Bonus Book" (2019)

Korean TV show poster

Romance is a Bonus Book

@dorame1ras_deplantao

This kdrama is just a good feeling one. Short and sweet, it follows a slightly older woman as she tries to get back on feet after her husband left her.

4. "A Love So Beautiful" (2017)

three people on a soccer net

A Love So Beautiful

@alovesobeautiful123

If you're looking for a long series that will play with your heartstrings, this is it. This Chinese drama has many episodes to entertain you, and follows two lovers from high school to college to adult life and beyond.

5. "She Was Pretty" (2015)

two people in the rain

Kim Hye-jin and Ji Sung-joon

@gkoredramaf

This kdrama is not only a romcom, but it also has elements of deep emotions and insecurities that many of us can relate to. Well, not all of us can relate to a handsome man walking into our lives, but that's why we watch this, right?

6. "Vagabond" (2019)

Korean TV show poster

Vagabond

@kdramasaranghaeyo

"Vagabond" is an action-packed, suspenseful, and thrilling drama. More focused on the missions and adventures, this drama is about a father who lost his son in a plane crash that might have not been an accident.

7. "Good Morning Call" (2016)

three people standing

Hisashi Uehara, Nao Yoshikawa, and Daichi Shinozaki

@doramas.e.series

An oldie but a goodie. This Japanese drama is one of the first dramas I had ever watched, and will always hold a place on this list. Nao, a young high school student, moves into an apartment to be closer to her school. But what she doesn't know is that her apartment company scammed her and put her with a roommate, who happens to be a handsome boy at her school.

8. "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim" (2018)

man walking

Lee Young-joon

@parkseojoon_india

This drama is really for the lighthearted. It's a comedy that follows Secretary Kim, assistant to Chairman Lee Young-joon: aka the worst boss ever. When she tries to quit after 9 years of working, Lee Young-joon finally realizes that she might have been more than just his assistant.

9. "Crash-landing On You" (2019)

man and women walking

Ri Jung Hyuk and Yook Se-ri

@dramafans.italia

"Crash-landing On You" is by far one of the best dramas of 2019. With heartfelt characters and a great story, it will keep you hooked and leave you crying buckets near the end.

10. "He is Psychometric" (2019)

Korean TV show poster

He is Psycometric

@sweggofkpop

This kdrama is a mix of sci-fi and murder mystery, much like #2. But in this drama, the main character has a supernatural power. Whenever he touches someone, he can see their future, past, and feel what they felt.

11. "One Spring Night" (2019)

two people hugging

Yoo Ji-ho and Lee Jeong-in

@kdrama_feeling

Ahhh this drama. I always go for this drama when I want something heartfelt and special. It embodies the true essence of love and what it is like to devote yourself to someone else, no matter who they are or what happened to them in the past.

12. "Somewhere Only We Know" (2015)

TV Chinese Drama Poster

Somewhere Only We Know

@anotherbistan

"Somewhere Only We Know" is a long Chinese Drama that I love to binge when I want to see a couple of romantic college kids. I recommend this one when you are interested in watching a long and slow courting and when you want to see two people grow through life with each other.

13. "My First First Love" (2019)

TV poster

My First First Love

@myfirstfirstlove_netflix

"My First First Love" is a great starter kdrama. It has all the cliches and deep emotional stressors of love. It will bring you in, make you fall in love with the characters, and keep you wanting it to never end.

14. "Rookie Historian: Goo Hae Ryung" (2019)

journal of kdrama

Goo Hae-ryung and Prince Dowon

@melyyko

This drama is a dip into fudeal Korea and an old-fashioned love story.

15. "Put Your Head on My Shoulder" (2019)

edit of girl and boy

Situ Mo and Gu Weiyi

@linyiii1101

"Put Your Head on My Shoulder" is a new kdrama that came out in 2019 and follows two roommates who continuously fall for each other over time.

16. "Accidentally In Love" (2018)

girl placing head on boy

Chen Qing Quing and Si Tu Feng

@doramas_forever_br

Last but not least is "Accidentally In Love." This Chinese Drama is the last on this list because it is a bit long and hard to get through. But when I finished it, I was left with warm feelings and a new perspective on life. I suggest giving this one a try and see if you like it.

I know there is a lot to choose from, so slow your horses. Luckily, your avid drama watcher has you covered. I tried my best to rank these dramas in order, but be my guest and jump around! I hope these romantic and comical shows can bring a little light into your daily lives now that Corona has taken over. Happy binging!