Ashley Tisdale Is Back With New Music That Shines A Light On Anxiety And Depression

All the voices in my head...

37

We all know and love Ashley Tisdale from High School Musical but her music is back. She already has 2 albums to her name, but she really didn't get to express herself through them as much as her new album that's coming out, Symptoms. She released the first song off it called Voices in My Head and when I heard it I related to it right away. We all have things that we worry about in our daily lives, and this song dives deep into anxiety and how its ok to ignore what people are thinking.

I think its good that she's talking about anxiety because it's allowing listeners to not relate to her music, but to also deal with their own struggles. Music for me is like therapy for me at times because I am able to take a break from my life and take in what the lyrics are trying to tell me.

Music teaches us that its okay to feel that way that we do, not a lot of music these days brings up topics like anxiety and depression, so for Ashley to come forward as an artist to write up her own struggles means a lot. It shows that she is just like us, and not just a celebrity that hides everything that goes on.

Most certainly, you do need some privacy as a celebrity and music artist, but I think that she realized that she needed to shine a light on her struggles in order for her to get through those tough times and to relive the tough times too. I also think that for her, she wanted her fans like myself to caught up to speed with her music and where her journey was currently at. I want to believe that her journey with Symptoms is just getting started.