It's that time of year again: the time when kids come and bombard your life for three hours a day for an entire week. It's that time when leaders become a jungle gym for monkeys--the time where patience is tested. What is this time of year? Vacation. Bible. School.
I've been a VBS leader for years. Before that, I attended VBS from the time I was a wee tot to, well, now. It's my favorite week of the year, but I have to spend 51 weeks of the year mentally preparing myself.
Here are some of the thoughts that go through my mind when it comes to VBS:
1. *Six months until VBS* What is our theme for this year?
2. *Three months until VBS* This is going to be a good year. I can just feel it!
3. *One month until VBS* I'm so excited!!
4. *Two weeks until VBS* I'm actually going to pack soon. I won't procrastinate this year!
Here are the thoughts I have during VBS:
8. Oh Lord, it is hot out here.
11. This is all worth it..This is all worth it.. This is all worth it..
12. These kids are pure entertainment. I love it!
13. This week is almost over! Yes!
14. This week is almost over. No...
15. It is now time to sleep for the next year.