Why You Should Be Visiting Art Museums

5 Reasons Art Museums Are Like A Treasure Chest And Why You Need To Visit One NOW

Seriously, stop sleeping on museums. They hold so much potential.

76
Sara Stewart

I know that museums have become that place where your whole middle school class is forced go to for five hours every year without fail. And you probably remember staring at random works of art and thinking, "God, why am I here?!" But I'm here to change that for you! Museums can be amazing places just waiting for you to discover their infinite potential. So here's five reasons why you should start planning your next trip to your local museum!

1. Support local artists.

Sara.

Sara Stewart

A lot of smaller art museums exhibit local artists who could use the support. They are created such beautiful pieces and exhibitions that demand your attention! Show them the respect they deserve. And get some cute pictures out of it!

2. It's the perfect date.

Kendall.

Sara Stewart.

Whether it's just a date between friends, with your boyfriend, girlfriend, whomever! Museums can be a great place to get cute pictures together and get to know one another in a completely different way. (Advice: take cute candids of one another so that you can post it later for their birthday on Instagram or Facebook! Or pull a Peter Kavinsky and get a cute background pic. *Swoons*)

3. Up your Insta-game.

WonderSpace.

Sara Stewart.

Everyone is always looking for the perfect photo to post on Instagram—something that matches your theme and really fits into your aesthetic. Well put your Starbucks coffees and sunsets to the side; museums are here to the rescue! You never know what you're going to find in your local museum because they constantly getting new content. Head over to a museum ASAP because they've got you covered for your next hit Instagram post.

4. Learn a little history.

Love is what you want.

Sara Stewart.

Sometimes, art museums will have an older piece that you can learn from. And it doesn't have to be some oil painting from the 1700's. It can be something from the 1980's, '90's, or even the present day. The important thing to remember is that it teaches us a little about the past, the art scene at that time and where we're headed now.

5. Find some inspiration.

If you're so successful, why do you feel like a fake?

Sara Stewart.

Maybe you're an artist yourself. Maybe you're looking for something new in your life. Whatever it is, museums have you covered! Your next inspiration could quite literally be just around the corner. Exploring art museums is like looking through a treasure chest. You don't know what you'll find, but you know it will be gold.

Special thanks to WonderSpaces in San Diego and The Broad in Los Angeles for these beautiful exhibits! I encourage everyone to go visit these places and discover even more. Enjoy!