Art Inspires

Art Inspires

Get out of your creative rut!

113
Art Inspires
Google Images

Art inspires artists to create more. Lately, I have been discovering this. My roommate and I were chatting about moments that inspired us to create, and we came up with a bunch of different moments: watching dance showcases, going to see musicals and plays at PlayHouse, listening to music, and going to art museums. All of these activities helped to spark our own interest and creativity.

This truly amazes me. One goal I have for myself is to take time to have creative outlets and create for fun. I am a writer, my major being journalism, so I write for classes, my University’s newspaper, and for The Odyssey. Because I am writing constantly, it is so easy to get bored, feel burnt out, and be unoriginal. For example, I have been writing for The Odyssey for about a year and a half now, which means I have written articles on a whole variety of topics, but I’ve focused on hobbies and topics I am passionate about. After a while, I felt that I have written all that I want to share on those topics, which makes it very difficult to think of new topics to discuss.

Luckily, art inspires.

Talking about these art forms with my roommate sparked my excitement. We then decided to have a paint night, a trademark of our roommate experience. I spent an hour disconnected from my phone, school work, and the stress of the beginning of the semester, and instead focused solely on painting mountains with a sun setting behind them. I came away from that hour completely relaxed and with a clear mind.

After completing the painting, I also realized how inspirational different art forms, which gave me the idea for this article.

If you are passionate about one form of art, try new forms of art. Watch a movie, listen to music, scroll through Instagram and look at drawings, or try an art form yourself. There are a million different ways to experience art, but I promise that exploring art will definitely inspire you.