Ariana Grande  New Album 'Sweetener'

'Sweetener', Ariana Grande's newest album release, discusses some important topics regarding relationships, mental health, and female empowerment. The album is currently number one on iTunes and many fans are praising Grande for the well-written lyrics and important messages she preaches in her songs.

https://www.instagram.com/arianagrande/

"Get well soon" was a song Grande wrote immediately following a panic attack. It is a self-care message written for not just herself, but all the people who suffer from mental health issues. The five minute and twenty-two-second song is full of airy harmonies and rhythms that bring to light issues affecting millions. The chorus, "This is for everybody; Babe, you gotta take care of your body, yuh yuh; Ain't no time to deny it, that is why we talking about it; Yeah, we talking about it", is a powerful message about not staying silent and finding help if you need it.

Grande's song "better off" touches on the topic of relationships and shows her exiting a toxic relationship she got herself into. "I'm better off without him; I'm better off being a wild one; On the road a lot, had to keep it a thousand; So that I'm better off not being around ya." She tries to convince herself the relationship she is in is not healthy and finds ways to justify why she should leave. This song is an anthem that many people can relate to and hopefully, use as a way to asses there own relationships in life.

One of the most popular songs on the album, "God is a woman", is a feminine power ballet that is a more positive and upbeat song showcased by Grande. She brings up a very controversial topic but discusses it in a way that expresses her feelings about female empowerment and femininity. "And I can be all the things you told me not to be; When you try to come for me, I keep on flourishing" is one of the most powerful lines. It truly showcases the meaning and importance of the song and the movement behind it.

https://www.instagram.com/arianagrande/

Overall, Ariana Grande's new album 'Sweetener' is a powerful mix of life lessons and messages combined into fifteen tracks. If you ever need to feel empowered or you just want to be all up in your feels then make sure to go give it a listen.