Ariana Grande Is An Icon

Ariana Grande Is An Icon

Even if you aren't into her music, Ariana Grande seems to be on top of the world right now.

26

Ariana Grande is in no way a newcomer to the music industry. She has been releasing music for years and has always been very successful. She toured with Justin Bieber, had a few popular songs and was even on a Nickelodeon show. It hasn't been until recently that, in my opinion, she has hit icon status.

We all remember the Manchester bombing at one of Ariana Grande's shows back in 2017. Her very public engagement failed and her long-term ex-boyfriend Mac Miller committed suicide at the end of 2018. Clearly, she has been through a lot. Naturally, all of these tragic events gained her a ton of publicity.

In August of 2018, she released her fourth studio album "Sweetener." It was wildly successful and on February 10th earned Grande her very first Grammy Award. Just five months after the release of "Sweetener," she dropped her fifth album titled "thank u, next." To me, this is the album that is officially putting her on top. Her first single from the album titled "thank u, next" became her very first number one song. The song became an anthem for our generation. Even if you don't particularly like the song, I can almost guarantee you have heard it at least once. After the release of the single and very notable music video, Grande decided to release a song titled "7 Rings." This playful track allows listeners to hear the diva side of Ariana Grande but in a good way. With no surprise, this became her second number one song.

Her world tour begins next month and I already have my tickets. It is interesting to see such a young artist in what seems to be the peak of her career. Ariana Grande has become a household name similar to Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears. It seems as if the whole world is waiting to see what the pop star will do next!