10 Signs That You Might Be A Whole Lot More Cheugy Than You Think, According To Current Trends

Some trends are just out of style.

176

If you have been hearing the media talk about being cheugy, you might be wondering what it actually means.

According to the Urban Dictionary, cheugy is another word for something that is out-dated or not in style. This includes fashion trends, home decor, and even slang.

So let's go though a list of some things the media considers to be cheugy and see if you've already ditched these out-dated trends!

1. #Hashtags on everything are definitely cheugy.

jimmy fallon nbc GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Giphy

Omg, I can't believe that the hashtag is out of style #drama #omgisthisreallycheugy #sad.

2. Live, Laugh, Love signs are, too.

Live Love Laugh GIF by The Goat Agency Giphy

This beloved theme that once was found in about every home is just out of style. Most likely from its overuse and now loss of uniqueness.

3. Low-rise jeans are a no-go.

blue jeans GIF Giphy

While it was a little odd to see this item being considered cheugy since many are trying to bring this trend back, let's be honest. The high-rise will always win in the end.

4. Multi-colored eyeshadow is definitely up there.

Disney Beauty GIF by Lillee Jean Giphy

These neon inspired bright eyes were a common thing, but today they are cheugy. The more neutral and toned down look is in style - for now.

5. Juicy Couture tracksuit sets are definitely off-trend.

Happy Mean Girls GIF Giphy

This iconic clothing set was popular in "Mean Girls" and on celebrities like Paris Hilton. Although the style is ageless for them, it's gone cheugy for the rest of us.

6. Over-lining your lip is definitely cheugy.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians GIF by E! Giphy

Over-lining the lips is staying in the past for now, with the more natural look prominent. While this hasn't been an obvious trend in the past, beauty standards constantly change. How you line your lips can be in and out of style so quickly, so it is not surprising this look has gone cheugy.

7. Fraternities are 100% cheugy.

Fraternities were all the rage in the Y2K period, but let's be honest, they don't hold as much appeal and stigma as they once did. The hazing scandals and lawsuits in the media in the late 2000s played a large factor in their decline in appeal. There is always hope that this will become trendy again in the future.

8. Gucci belts are overworn.

black leather belt on gray textile Photo by Jeff Trierweiler on Unsplash

This fashionable belt by Gucci with their signature "GG" became cheugy for the reason of it just being overused and worn by anyone that could afford to get one. They were seen everywhere in the late 2000s and even the knock-off ones were a trend of their own.

9. Rae Dun mugs. One word. Cheugy.

person drinking coffee while reading indoors Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

This cozy all-caps font that covered mugs, dish-ware, and jars is a blast from the past that is just not bought as much these days, but you most likely still have some in the back of your kitchen cabinet somewhere.

10. Embroidered floppy hats are definitely out of style.

woman wearing black bodysuit Photo by Melissa Askew on Unsplash

What doesn't say vacation like an embroidered floppy hat to show everyone at the beach that you are a tourist and are ready for your beach photoshoot. While these once must-have vacation accessories are more on the cheugy side, I think for beach vacationers, they will never really go out of style.

Well if you are anything like me after reading this list, you are probably a whole lot more cheugy than you thought! Lets be honest, who doesn't love the occasional not so popular Y2K trend?