Are Destination Weddings Worth it?

Are Destination Weddings Worth it?

98
Are Destination Weddings Worth it?

Are Destination Weddings Worth it?

Many years ago I was invited to a destination wedding in Ireland. Unfortunately, it was not in my budget at that time, so I missed out on seeing my friend get married in the land of lucky charms. When I finally did get to go to Ireland with friends for vacation, I remember thinking that I should have found the way the make it happen back then. Destination weddings are more popular than ever. Personally, I would do a destination wedding because I love to travel and I think it would be an adventurous and unforgettable experience. Some of the guests might not agree, but it is a day dedicated to the couple and if they decide to do a destination wedding, the couple and their guests can experience a new culture, cuisine and scenery that would be unique and not be forgotten.

Destination wedding venues have package deals that are created by professional wedding planners. My friends that have had a destination wedding have told me they just needed to make a few decisions and the rest was taken care of. Most of the heavy lifting was done by the staff at the resort. Simplicity was key for the bride and groom who did the planning from afar, and trusted the professionals to do their magic. At the end, they were very happy with the results. For couples tying the knot, a destination wedding can be more affordable than a local wedding. There are package deals and discounts all depending on the size of the wedding group. Guests pay for their own way and their accommodations. There is no doubt that this might be a financial burden to some of your guests who will want to be a part of your special day, or more like special "week" if it is a destination wedding. Some of your guests that you really want to attend might not be able to make it, so you will have to take the good with the bad. If the most important people you want at your wedding are not able to make a destination wedding, you may have to choose a venue closer to home.

If you go with a destination wedding, it can be an amazing and memorable experience. You and your guests can feel like you are on a mini vacation, and if you decide to have your destination wedding on the beach, that will provide for a unique setting with wedding pictures that will be beautiful.

I once read where 60% of guests will attend a destination wedding compared to 85% attendance to a local wedding. My friend confessed that they were able to shrink the guest list and not worry about family drama, and the couple were able to have the smaller and intimate ceremony they wanted to have. The truth is that this is the most important and happiest day of your life, so take the time to weigh the pros and cons carefully while planning.

To those of you that are planning your special day...destination wedding or local wedding, happy planning and wishing you a lifetime of everlasting love and happiness.