We Are All One

We Are All One

We Love. We Hate. We Hope.

36
We Are All One
PEXELS

It is very apparent that there are many things happening in our lives right now. We watch the news, there is something violent happening. We turn on a football game, there are politics involved. We walk to class, there is drama. Why? We are all people. You may be black, white, yellow, etc., but know this, we all bleed the same color. Biologically we are the same, and we are all people. We make mistakes and we are imperfect. We let ourselves transfix on goals that are out of our norm. Be yourself, everyone else is taken. You are unique and you are special. Show that to the world. You might be in a bad, stressful place in life, but you aren't alone. Look towards your faith, and if not, look to your family, friends, and school/work mates. Everyone has support in some form out there. If you aren't comfortable doing something out of your comfort zone, don't do it. Get to a point in life where you know who you are, where you love yourself. You can't love someone else, if you don't love yourself.

Getting to the point of accepting yourself, and loving yourself is not easy. It takes time, energy, determination, and fortitude. At the end of the day, you are the only one that can get yourself to that point. I'm not saying, don't use those around you, they will help you be the person you want to be. However, keep in mind the saying, "You are who you surround yourself with." So remember, if you surrounding yourself with toxic, bitter people, you will become that. I have learned in my short 22 years of living, things happen. The good, the bad, and the ugly. It's hard to focus on the good, and frankly, it's hard to just focus on the bad. Don't have the ugly get to you. There is always hope and happiness where ever you look. Life is short, so take the time and find the right people to surround yourself with. But remember love yourself first. I always keep in mind a certain scripture:

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, Believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Again, why? Why are all these bad things happening in all of our lives? Because we let it happen. Don't let it happen. Stay positive, strong, and confident. If no one is there for you, know that I am there for you. Believe in yourself, love yourself, and always have hope.