9 Game-Changing Apps That Created The Future All Of Us Live In Today

Life in 2009 was way different than it is today, and these app are the reasons why.

39

The past 10 years have seen many changes in everyday life. Many of these changes have come as a result of many companies mastering the use of phone apps. Here are some simple phone apps that have changed the way life is today in 2018.

1. AirBNB

No hotel? No problem. Allowing individuals with homes, apartments, and rooms to rent out to anybody has created an entire new renting market. AirBnb is a legitimate alternative to hotels around the world.

2. Amazon

Shipping fees became a thing of the past for Amazon Prime members. When the ever-expanding company decided to do free 2-day shipping, traditional brick and mortar stores started becoming less and less necessary.

3. Facebook

Still very popular today, Facebook allows for friends and family to see what their friends are doing without any actual communication. Phone books are no longer needed. People, companies, and politicians have all of their basic information on their profile that everyone can see.

4. Twitter

The Twitter phenomenon has taken over the free time of millions of strangers online. Also, with such fast connection between users, Twitter regularly breaks news stories before main stream outlets.

5. Netflix

Cord cutting, the act of cancelling your television cable subscriptions, began with Netflix. Streaming films and TV shows over the internet without a need for a cable box or video players brought in a new generation of streaming services with no need for physical service boxes.

6. Spotify

Millions of songs at your disposal, all without needing a CD, Disc-man, Cassette player, or any type of equipment other than your phone. What was once unheard of became a reality when Spotify came to the scene.

7. Uber

Anyone with a car now has the potential to be a cab driver. With the safety and convenience of choosing what driver you want, it isn't that hard to understand why Uber took over the taxi market.

8. Youtube

Whether you want to watch a vlog, a tutorial, or an unboxing video, YouTube has it all. With millions of hours of content being uploaded daily, Youtube allows for non-celebrities to gain an organic following, which has allowed for many vloggers/channels to make a sizable income off of their content.

9. Venmo

Not having any cash on hand is no longer a problem. By being able to send money to people instantly without a need for cash, Venmo solved the cashless dilemma for millions of young adults.