5 Reasons I Do And Should Appreciate My Sister

She is always with me through the good and bad times.

538
Sam Manns

Family is one of the most important things in my life. They are the people I trust the most and who know me the best. We sometimes forget to thank them for all they do for us. I know there is one person especially in my family who I want to give a special shout out to. My wonferful sister.

5. She Always Makes Me Laugh

You constantly make jokes whether through text messages or a regular conversation. They go from simple, ridiculous "Who's there?" to complicated riddles. Sometimes, you even forget the answer which makes me laugh even more. Every time we hang out, you are always smiling to the most random things.

How your newest anime obsession is acting in a manga or the dogs chasing a squirrel in the backyard. Nothing makes you smile more than doing the things you love. When I watch you paint, it's like I'm watching something come to life. As if you're putting a little piece of yourself into each art piece made. Those smiles and jokes make me laugh every time.

4. She Knows All My Secrets

It goes without saying my sister is also my best friend. She is always there to give me a shoulder to cry on. She always listens to me vent or rant about someone who annoys me. After long school days, she asks me if I want to watch my favorite movie. I tell my sister everything because I trust her with all my secrets. The trust is returned as well. We talk to one another about the important things going on, but also the small stuff, too. She asks me how my day went and I know I can give her my honest answer. I love the trust we share.

3. She Keeps Bugging Me

All sisters can become annoying at one point or another. You, my dear sister, are no different. There are days I really want to be left alone, yet you never leave me alone. You are always there for me and keep an eye on me even when I don't know it. You are like a protector, but in disguise. I thank you for that.

2. She Related To Me

Sis, sometimes I wonder how we're are related because we are complete opposites. You're artsy and humorous; whereas, I'm analytical and calm. You're a blonde and I'm a brunette. You're tall and I'm short. How are we related? Joking. I love having you as my sister.

1. Sisters By Birth, Friends By Choice

This one speaks for itself. You are always going to be my sister no matter what. However, I get to call you my friend which is even more special.