Apparently I'm A Pizza Face

Can I start with saying, seriously?!

Pizza Face

Crater Face

Greasy

Dirty

What the heck is wrong with people these days?

I am so unbelievably disappointed.

It is not a choice to have acne. Do you think that anyone would actually choose to have red (and sometimes painful) bumps on their face? Do you think that anyone would choose to have scars on their face from acne?

Seriously?!

Yes, I do have acne and yes, I do have scars on my face from it. However, it is not because I am DIRTY. I shower every day just like everyone else. I wash my face every day. If you ask anyone that sounds like a pretty good daily hygiene routine. I do not get acne from being dirty. That's not only for me either. Acne can be part of your biology. I have been to many dermatologists that have said the exact same thing. ACNE IS IN YOUR GENES.

Some people have blonde hair. Some people have brown eyes. Some people have acne. GET OVER IT.

Do you make people feel bad for having a hairstyle that isn't pleasing for you to look at? Do you make fun of people for having an eye color that bothers you to see?

No.

So why is teasing someone about one of their genes any different?

Seriously?!

Do you think I (OR ANYONE ELSE) feel great about having acne? No, we all have insecurities. Some are more visible than others, and acne happens to be one of the most visible insecurity a person can have.

Many people think that if you simply take care of your skin and clean yourself that the acne will go away. Let me tell you, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

I had severe acne from 5th grade to 10th grade to having moderate acne currently. During that time, I saw several dermatologists. I think it's a safe bet that I tried over 30 different medications and also going on the heaviest acne medication known, Accutane. Not only one time, but twice.

Guess what? My acne still didn't go away even after the second time of Accutane. (By the way, there is a 90% guarantee that your acne will go away after 1 four-six month round of Accutane.)

It is in my genes; It is part of who I am. Do I like it? Absolutely not. But this is who I am. I'm sorry if looking at people with acne on their face disgusts you or bothers you so much that you feel the need to call them names. Maybe you should check your own self-esteem. How would you feel if you were constantly reminded of your insecurities every day?

Stop being rude. Stop judging. AND. Stop assuming.

Because...

It is seriously ridiculous.