20 Bible Verses To Let God Empower Your Future

Advice for the anxious young adult from God.

17
Moira McCarty

For young adults, there is a lot of anxiety that comes with the excitement of discovering their future. Discovering a future career, job, and vocation can be a life-changing journey with a lot of anxieties, fears, and doubts. Transitioning from childhood to adulthood has been a difficult journey for me, for everyone. But these Bible passages have helped me at my worst, and helped me see the grace of God in the good, and here they are for you too.

Romans 12:12

“Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying.”

Proverbs 3:5-6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

Philippians 4:13

“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”

Joshua 1:9

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Matthew 6:34

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Psalms 37: 24

“Though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

Pslams 23: 1-4

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walkthrough the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.”

Jeremiah 29: 11-13

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

Isaiah 40:30-31

“Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Isaiah 43:18

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.”

1 Peter 2:9

“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”

John 15:16

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.”

Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

2 Corinthians 12:9

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”

John 8:12

“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Proverbs 16:3

“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.”

Jeremiah 31:34

“No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,” because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Isaiah 41:10

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Romans 8:31

“What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”