Learning to cope with your anxiety with these tips

Learning To Cope With Anxiety

"Having anxiety is okay, learning to cope with it is another"-Dallas Jordan

449
Learning To Cope With Anxiety

The topic of mental health is one that many are afraid to approach for fear of being judged or misunderstood. Anxiety is just one of those mental health issues that can cause one to feel a vast range of emotions. Believe it or not there are a few things you can do to help manage these moments.

Write

Writing

Giphy.com

Writing is one of the easiest ways to express your emotions when you are feeling anxious. You can write down what is stressing you out at the moment, what your feeling in the moment or reflect on a moment that brought you joy.

Take a walk

Speed walking

giphy.com

Nature is a natural healer, so there's no other place to be when you're feeling anxious. Put on your shoes and head outside for some fresh air. The sounds of nature fuels the soul and can help clear your mind.

Meditate

Meditating

Tenor.com

There are many forms of mediation. Yoga is one of the most common ways to center your mind and be present. Whether you have 10 minutes or 40 minutes, yoga allows you to relax and focus on positive energy.

Talk to someone

Therapy

Giphy.com

This is probably the most challenging one. When it comes to having anxiety talking about what's causing your anxiousness can be challenging, but the benefits are worth it. Whoever you have in your support system to talk too, give them a call or shoot them a text. Let them know that you need someone to talk too.

Watch a movie

Movie Watching

Aminoapps.com

Whenever I am feeling anxious I tend to turn on something that makes me really happy. Find one of your favorite television shows or movies and rewatch it. This will take your mind of our reality for a bit, and into the world of your favorite story. It could also provide a good laugh which is always a joy.

Limit Alcohol

Tia Mowry

Tenor.com

Alcohol can amplify the level of anxiety belive it or not. Reducing the amount of alochol you are drinking or quitting it all together for a bit can really improve your overall mental health.