The Annoyances I've Stumbled Upon While Playing Final Fantasy XV

"Are you kidding me?" *throws controller*

54
comicbook.com

Now as a fan of the Final Fantasy series, this game is true to being a whole new take on what many of us were used to. Change is often good--in fact it is sometimes needed, but many things have gotten in the way of me fully enjoying this game.

To begin with, Final Fantasy XV seems to be an enjoyable road trip to help the main character Noctis ( whom my boyfriend refers to as Sasuke from the anime series Naruto--must be the hair), find and take back what rightfully belongs to him. That is as short of an explanation that I am willing to muster without spoilers. The characters all have their own lovable personalities which can sometimes make and also break the game. Prompto's love for photography can get a bit annoying when all you'd like to do is go kick some ass and finish a quest, but I guess the game's beautiful graphics kind of makes up for that. Ignis's love for cooking has literally almost gotten them killed during my gameplay, as he once revealed that he's come up with a new recipe during the middle of an intense fight--great timing. Gladiolus has a pretty clean slate, so far, as I have yet to beat the game (I'm too busy focusing on side quests and bounties ). But I'm sure he has something up his sleeves.

As for other annoyances outside of the few that involves the characters--there are some that just drives me crazy. "A Magitek engine, it's close" x20, I know I'm exaggerating a bit but hearing this so many times gets pretty aggravating. You knock them down and they're back again minutes later.

Driving is also something that makes me want to pull my hair. Upon the reveal of there being a car prior to my gameplay, I was ecstatic! A freaking car in the world of wild beasts and horrifying daemons, how awesome! But sadly, I was disappointed. Yes, you can drive, but it's no GTA. You can't drive up a hill and run over enemies or go over 80mph to quickly reach your destination--for goodness sakes, you can't even do a manual U-turn without hitting a button for it. Thank the heavens that for some destinations you have the ability to fast travel to, otherwise you'll be in the kitchen making yourself a sandwich while you wait for them to arrive at a far destination. Driving at night is also a hassle as daemons can appear on the road preventing you from continuing your journey until you defeat them. God forbid you hear "A Magitek engine, it's close" while a high-level daemon is also blocking your path.

Although the game has its headaches, I'm still enjoying the adventure. I've grown fond of the characters and their silly antics and funny side conversations. The fighting is cool if you know what you're doing, and the graphics of the food will make your mouth water. If I had to rate the game I'd give it a solid 8. As for those who have yet to decide whether they should purchase it, you won't know if you'll like it unless you try it.