IF YOU'RE A STUDENT TRYING TO MAKE IT IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY, YOU'LL WANT TO READ THIS

This is a trick they don't tell you about in class

26

If you are a DESIGN STUDENT, BUSINESS STUDENT, ART STUDENT, ADVERTISING/COMMUNICATIONS STUDENT, or have ANY TYPE OF CREATIVE BONE IN YOUR BODY, then I feel like it’s my duty to tell you about one of the best resume-building opportunities you could possibly take advantage of (from the very comfort of your own dorm).

Basically, it’s a website that lets you post any type of content you want, whether it be personal blogs, news articles reported by YOU, or even photo essays or videos. These can be as long or as short as you want, are posted to a NATIONAL PLATFORM WITH THOUSANDS OF READERS, EVERY SINGLE WEEK! Oh yeah, did I mention you also have the opportunity to earn cash from it?

Welcome to the Odyssey at FIT. You’ve probably heard of us. You know all those creative “15 Stages of Thanksgiving Dinner as Told by Mean Girls” –type articles shared all over Facebook? Yeah, those are us. Maybe you’ve recently read some of our controversial election pieces that have garnered hundreds of thousands of shares? Those are us too.

From a fashion perspective, as student trying to make it in the industry, there is no better, more efficient way of gaining exposure than through becoming published on a platform as powerful as the Odyssey.

Are you a designer? Feature a photo essay of your collections, and share it on various webpages.

Are you a blogger? Write weekly segments about your life, and plug your blog at the end (I can promise that the Odyssey gets at least triple the page views that you’re currently garnering).

Interested in video or communications? Start a “NYC Street Style” series where you interview your friends or random strangers about their outfits. Something like that is creative enough to be added to any portfolio or brought up on a job interview!

Want to know one of the best ways the Odyssey can help you out in the industry? Through its ability to create leaders of any kind. At Odyssey, you can move from becoming a content creator to a contributing editor to eventually becoming the Editor in Chief of an entire community! Can you say “ideal resume builder”?

SO, JUST TO RECAP, the Odyssey allows you to create quick content, get published, gain leadership experience, and perhaps earn some extra cash, all from the comfort of your own dorm! I don’t know about you guys, but I’m thinking any advantage we can get over Parsons, the better ;)

To apply to join the Odyssey at FIT (open to LIM students as well), simply fill out an application at: http://muse.theodysseyonline.com/apply