Anime You Should Watch

4 Animes You Should Definitely Check Out

You've probably heard of them, or you probably haven't.

61

I don't really consider myself an otaku or weaboo, but I do enjoy binge-watching anime now and then. I've started so many in my life that I can't remember in which episode I stopped. There's only a few that I have actually been committed to and finished.

However, if I am committed to an anime, I watch it once completely—and I watch it a couple more times. I'm not anime savvy, but I am certain-animes savvy. You get me?

However, here are some of the animes that I am currently watching or are my favorites.

1. Inuyasha

Inuyasha has been a go-to since I was a child. I remember turning on the TV and watching the formidable adventures of Kagome, Inuyasha, and their friends.

This anime follows the story of Kagome, a regular fifteen-year-old, that is somehow taken back to the Feudal Era in Japan only to find herself to be the reincarnation of a dead priestess who had sworn to protect a sacred jewel wanted by demons. After an incident, she breaks the sacred jewel into many fragments and now she needs to collect them so they don't fall into the wrong hands.

Along the way, they encounter a small, fox demon named Shippo; a perverted monk who likes to ask every woman if they would bear his child, Miroku; and a demon-slayer, Sango. Together, they join forces to collect the shards of the sacred jewel—and Naraku, a demon that has messed with all of their lives.

2. Cardcaptor Sakura

This has been another anime that I've loved since I was a small shit. I've seen it both in Spanish and Japanese, and I also know the first opening in both languages. Yes, I'm that loser that bops their ass to an anime opening.

Cardcaptor Sakura follows the heroic adventures of Sakura Kinomoto as a cardcaptor, a person pointed to collect all the Clow Cards after she accidentally woke them up. If she were to fail, an awful catastrophe would fall on the entire world. However, this is also the moment where Sakura realizes that she possesses magic.

And after twenty years since this anime finished, we were given the chance of a sequel called Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, which is even more badass than the original one, but I still love both.

3. Blood+

I remember waiting every day for 6 pm to come just to watch Blood+.

This anime follows the story of Saya, who doesn't know anything about herself except for the two years she's been "awake." She wonders why she has to get blood transfusions every now and then, why some of her senses are so sharp, and why she starts seeing memories whenever she hears this cello playing.

All of her answers are provided once she meets Hadgi, a vampire chevalier who had sworn to protect her almost two hundred years ago. Here is when she learns that she, also, is a vampire, born from a creature called chiropteran who used to be a queen.

4. Akame ga Kill

I remember when I first watched this. Back to summer school in high school, this would be what I would watch when I was in class. Don't worry, I passed with an A.

Akame ga Kill follows the story of a regular villager named Tatsumi with a hunger for justice. He wishes to work on the capital, and be part of their army. That's until he encounters Night Raid, a band of assassins devoted to bring down the corrupted government they live in. Upon meeting, Tatsumi realizes that only by joining them he could achieve justice for all.

On a side note, as badass and bloody Akame ga Kill is, it is one of the most tragic animes I've ever seen, so be ready to shed an ocean of tears.

I've totally seen more than just these, but when it comes to ranking, they are all on the top of the list.