Why Animal Abuse Needs To Stop

Why Animal Abuse Needs To Stop

Animals aren't punching bags.

28697
Why Animal Abuse Needs To Stop
Amber Angstadt

Animal abuse is a serious topic that occurs every day. This happens every day, everywhere. Together people could change the world. Animal abuse is a major cause all around the world that is causing millions of animals to get hurt and killed, from the smallest animal, to the largest animal known. Almost every animal is being abused by careless people, animals such as chickens, dogs and elephants.

It doesn't matter the size of an animal, it can still be abused. Small animals can be hurt just as bad as bigger animals, such as chickens involved in cock fights. “Nothing living should ever be treated with contempt, whatever it is that lives, a man, a tree, or a bird, because the time is short. Civilization is another word for respect for life...” -Elizabeth Goudge. Chickens are helpless animals, so why are humans hurting them if they can’t hurt or do anything to us? “We don’t glorify the cockfighting aspect.” This was quoted by Russ McKinney. Killing or abusing an animal is just as bad as hurting anything else in life. “It is offensive for humans to entertain themselves by watching two animals hack each other apart.” As one can see, animals don’t just have to be pets or commonly seen animals to be abused, people don’t look past their names.

Animals like dogs are one of the most abused animals out there. The most common way people abuse dogs are by breeding them and making them fight and kill other dogs. “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” This quote is by Mark Twain, This was used because it shows the careless level in humans for animals. Studies that have been done show that children that were abused usually end end up being violent to animals. The question, according to Jeremy Bentham, is not “can they reason?” nor,”can they talk?” but rather, “can they suffer?” The animal population will soon die from all the abuse us humans are causing. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened” -A.France. Therefore, people may not know the damage they are doing until they open their hearts and learn to care.

When people think about animal abuse, most would never think...elephants. Elephants are abused in numerous ways, such as being used for their tusks or being abused in the circus. “We will never have animals in our shows. They are animals not performers, they should be in the jungle.” -P.Parisien. Animals being in the circus is just as much abuse as beating or killing an animal. “There’s always the animal in them.” This was quoted by J.Lennons. This quote gets to the point that animals aren't like humans and should not be treated badly for no reason like we treat each other. We as humans, we have control, using animals as entertainment should no longer be done. “Cruelty is one fashion statement we can all do without” -R.McClanahan. As all in all we should all go step by step to take better care of our animals and treat them with the respect they need and deserve.

Animal abuse is a major cause all around the world that is causing millions of animals to get hurt and killed every single day, from the smallest animal to the largest animal known. Animal abuse, is taking place not because they did something wrong or deserve it, it’s happening for our entertainment. We as humans take advantage and power over animals, who are helpless, they have feelings too. “The basis of all animal rights should be the Golden Rule: we should treat them as we would wish them to treat us, were any other species in our dominant position” -C.Stevens. Animal abuse has been going on for way too long, it’s about time we make a change in our world and take a step into saving and protecting our loved animals. No one would want to hurt the animals they call their pets so we shouldn’t hurt other animals such as wild animals, circus animals etc.