6 Sayings To Use If You Want To Get Slapped By A Vegan

I have been a Vegetarian for about four years now. I have been leaning towards a Vegan lifestyle for the past year. And some people need to SHUT UP. I've been quiet for a long time and just nodding or smiling when people tell me this; this is my chance to rant a little. We don't want to hear your opinions on what we put in our bodies. A majority of Vegans and Vegetarians don't care what you put in our bodies and remain quiet about what you eat. This lifestyle holds a lot of discipline and many people do it for reasons that give the opportunity for impact in our communities and environments. We are attempting to make a change, how are you?

1. "You aren't getting enough nutrients."

Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

Are you kidding me?! I have enough intelligence to know how much protein I am getting in a day, what foods will give me energy, and what foods can replace meats. Do you really think you are getting nutrients from your McDonald's and Cookout trays?

2. "Is that even good?"

What? I am not going to eat food something tastes bad. Why would I eat food that is not good to eat? Yes, the food I am eating is good. Don't be rude. Yeah, maybe sometimes it isn't the best, but that goes with any type of food.

3. "Doesn't this *insert meat product here* smell good?"

I still have a nose. Yes, it does smell good. I have also have consumed meat products in the past so I know what they smell and taste like. I am simply choosing to not eat it. I am not repulsed by it.

4. "I just couldn't do it."

Well okay then. I didn't ask you. I know the Vegetarian and Vegan lifestyle is not for everyone. I respect that you chose to not do it. I don't judge you. I honestly have no opinion what you eat; therefore, you should have no opinion about what I eat.

5. "So do you support PETA?"

I actually disagree with the marketing tactics that PETA implements to encourage people to go Vegan. Not everyone who is Vegetarian or Vegan support PETA or what they stand for.

6. "You are killing plants too."

Oh! Okay! I am just going to walk away from you if you say this to me.

I don't like hearing what people have to say to me about what I chose and chose not to eat. I don't slander what people eat so please do not put your input in. Thanks, I'll be eating my veggies and fruits and grains and other non-meat products over in this corner.