10 Songs To Blast On Full Volume When You're Angry At The World

For days when you just can't shake those angry feelings!

2127
Eric Nopanen

Ever had one of those days where just want to turn up your speakers, tell the world to go away for awhile, and stay in bed for a few hours screaming along to your favorite angry songs?

Well, this list is for you! From being angry at current or past significant others to friends that have stabbed you in the back, to just life and its mysterious abuse in general, this list covers all your hatred fueled music needs! So sit back, try to relax, and take a listen to these songs which totally capture a little bit of what you are feeling!

1. “Dead!” by My Chemical Romance

This song from the iconic album “The Black Parade” wastes absolutely no time ripping into to those feelings of anger. The song opens with the lines, “And if your heart stops beating / I’ll be here wondering / Did you get what you deserve” and for some reason, I don’t think that MCR is implying that the subject of this song deserved a cupcake and a pat on the back.

2. “Kick Me” by Sleeping With Sirens

Okay, can we just talk about how amazing of a double entendre the first line, “Let’s hang the jury” is?! This song perfectly captures that pissed off yet defiant feeling of standing back up to the world with your middle fingers in the air after it kicks you while you are down.

3. “The Pretender” by Foo Fighters

Surprise, surprise. The Nirvana drummer turned Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl has a song on this list of angry and somewhat angsty songs. But seriously, with lines like, “What if I say I’m not like the others? / What if I say I’m not just another one of your plays? / You’re the pretender / What if I say I will never surrender” how could I not include this song on the list?

4. “Ignorance” by Paramore

I could’ve included any number of Paramore songs on here. From “Playing God” to “Misery Business” to “That’s What You Get,” it is fair to say that a younger Hayley Williams certainly had a knack for writing these types of songs. I don’t think that any have quite the same sharpness and snap that this one does though, asserting with force and emotion that “Ignorance is your new best friend.”

5. “There’s a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven’t Thought of It Yet” by Panic! At The Disco

Alright, so I’m sure you could already tell before you read who the song was by that with a long title like that, it must be either Panic! At The Disco or Fall Out Boy. With this witty masterpiece, Panic! is able to convey that feeling of revenge you get when an ex sees you out being the best you that you can be when they expect you to be miserable and totally crushed over their absence. “I’m the new cancer, never looked better, you can’t stand it” brilliantly captures the feeling of the entire song all in that one line.

6. “Welcome Home” by Coheed And Cambria

This song takes things to a little bit of a darker place, but I’ll be damned if lines like “You could’ve been all I wanted / But you weren’t honest / Now get in the ground” don’t convey pure angry in its simplest form.

7. “Yule Shoot Your Eye Out” by Fall Out Boy

This not so jolly holiday song diverges from the typical cheer and merriment of other songs typically played during the stereotypically most wonderful time of the year. Fall Out Boy wastes no time playing on the classic Christmas theme of giving and receiving gifts to proclaim, “And all I want this year is for you to dedicate your last breath to me / Before you bury yourself alive.”

8. “The First Punch” by Pierce The Veil

This song focuses on bittersweetness of getting a soon to be gone significant other to metaphorically swing first. Its fun little jabs are edgy and memorable with lines like, “Now, it’s such a shame you had to go and run your mouth / Your mouth is what you make it, but at least I’ve got real friends.”

9. “I Hate Everything About You” by Three Days Grace

This song perfectly captures the unsettling feeling of being utterly in love with someone who logic says you should hate to their core, but I’m sure you didn’t need me to tell you that. The chorus of “I hate everything about you / Why do I love you?” is pretty straightforward itself.

10. “Caught Like a Fly” by Falling In Reverse

Ronnie Radke’s swaggering bad boy style never ceases to be both amusing and captivating. Written in regards to his past bandmates from Escape The Fate, who had an infamous falling out with Radke after replacing him as lead singer following a run-in with the law, this song holds no punches. It goes straight for the throat with lines like, “Oh, you have left my heart, black and blue / Just like your father did to you.”