Taking Your Anger Out On Dough

Taking Your Anger Out On Dough

The making of an apple tart.

15
Taking Your Anger Out On Dough
Tabitha Lee

The best yet worst decision of my life was to make a French apple tart for Thanksgiving. Instead of buying things pre-made, I did every thing from scratch. A prep timethat I thought would take an hour at most took me four hours. and that was just the dough. With puff pastry, you make a dough with little butter in it and another with almost only butter in it. The dough must be kept cold in the refrigerator for 20 minutes then taken out to work it.

I finished the dough, then put the two together. With puff pastry, you get flaky crust by using the dough together. The flour dough is rolled out and the butter dough is placed inside it. The butter dough is then covered with the flour dough. The dough are then rolled out together. The dough still needs to be kept cold for another 20 minutes in the refrigerator and then taken out. Every 2-4 times you roll it out. This needs to be done at least 16 times.

I cannot express how much I regret doing this. I spent over six hours prepping and baking the tart. The result was good, but was it worth wasting six hours of my life? I think not. I overall enjoyed baking the puff pastry for my French apple tarts but it turned out wonderful and was eaten before I could get a picture.

The video I followed to make puff pastry was very detailed and I hope if any others decide to try it that they should view this too. Puff pastry is also a good way to get your anger out.