What How To Lose A Guy In 10 days Can Teach Girls

5 Major Life Lessons Young Girls Learn Watching 'How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days'

Five major life lessons girls can learn from a rom-com

223

Andi Anderson played by Kate Hudson is a writer for a magazine and in the movie we follow her relationship with Ben, that she is using as her muse for her article. But as much as I love a good rom-com, this article has 5 major life lessons for young girls which is why it is my favorite movie.

1. Fight for what you want.

We see Andi go through great lengths to fight for what she feels like she deserves, whether it was with a guy or at work. That is something that I think everyone needs to learn from.

2. Don't give up on your relationship just because it gets hard.

When you and your significant other are fighting, it will take both of you to work together to fix the problem. That is not a one sided thing. But just because it gets hard, does not mean you have to run. This is shown when Ben and Andi attend couples therapy, even as a joke on Andi's part, but it still shows that Ben was willing to fix the problem, so girls go find a guy who will work that hard.

3. Make sure you are respected at your workplace.

Sometimes as a young female, it is hard to gain the same amount of respect that a middle aged male would receive. Andi could see that she was not being respected and her opinion was not being valued at this company, so she left so she could find somewhere else to write. This showed that she was willing to give up being comfortable there, and leave so she could write about what she was passionate about. That takes courage.

4. Get yourself a good group of friends.

During the whole movie, Andi had two girlfriends that helped her and gave her advice when she was struggling with her relationship with Ben or her position at work. Friends are the ones that will help when you are going through a hard time. Andi's two friends showed that you do not need to have a large amount a friends, quality is better than quantity in this situation.

5. If a guy truly likes you, he will make you a priority.

Ben fought for Andi during the whole movie, even through all of the stupid things that she puts him through. He wanted to spend time with her. Girls if a guy does not want to spend time with you drop him.