An Open Thank You Letter To My Girls

An Open Thank You Letter To My Girls

You have no idea how much you mean to me

278
An Open Thank You Letter To My Girls

Mackenzie Nicole Lea - Shibby, Frier

2006 was the best year of my life; that’s the year that you became my best friend. You’re one in a million. You’re unlike the rest. You’re my better half, my person and my best friend. The relationship we have is like no other, we’re not even friends, we’re family. You were there for the birth of my brother and I know you’ll be there for his wedding. Your only flaw is that you don’t know how amazing you truly are. You’re the strongest woman I know and I’m lucky just to know you. I know I could come to you, Mazey, Kelly or Holly if I needed anything and to have that kind of relationship is truly something special. We’ve been through everything together. We’ve been best friends, we’ve hated each other and even both at the same time. I remember riding the bus to your house every day after school and jumping on the trampoline out back with Mazey and Tyler. Man, those were the good days. I love you. Thank you for always being there for me, no matter the circumstance. You’re the realest baby girl, keep on keeping on.

Our song: My Main, Mila J

Andrea Paige Love - Andy Plove, My Picante

I can’t even think about your face without smiling. That’s the effect you have on everyone. You walk into a room and radiate good vibes and there aren’t enough people like you. You bring out the fun in me and make me want to be a better person. I can come to you with anything and I know you won’t judge me. You’re the friend who tells it like it is and keeps me in check. We’re currently 400 miles apart yet we’ve never been closer. When you graduated High School and went to Northern, I thought I had lost you. You’re the one person who has never left my side. I could go 9 months without talking to you and it wouldn’t change a thing. You know all my secrets and I trust you with my life. I miss having Saturday school with you and our week long slumber parties. Thank you for coming and staying in my life. I love you. You really have no idea how much you mean to me.

Our song: Starships, Nicki Manaj

Morgan Lynn Collins - Colli590, Lil Crack Biscuit

*clears throat*

God gave me you. Life brought us together for a reason. They say you meet your best friends in college but I think I met my soul sister. You’re like nobody I’ve ever met before. You’re the most judgment-free, carefree girl I know. You’re the peanut butter to my jelly and the mac to my cheese. We relate on a level that’s difficult for others to understand but I think that’s what makes our friendship so unique. We’ve experienced life together and that alone is something special. Remember when we didn’t have spring break plans and we stayed home and drank a case? That was awesome. In these past three years, we’ve shared a lot of memories and I have no doubt that these memories will continue on after college and into our adult lives. I gained so much more than a roommate when I met you, I gained a lifelong friend and a sister. I look at your family like their my own and thank god every day that he brought you all into my life.

Our song: Ocean Eyes, Billie Eilish

Tiffany Ann Nagy - TNagz, Tiffcabob, Tiff 2.0

You just get me. You read me like a book and you understand me. You appreciate me as a person and you treat me like family. The best part about our friendship is that we thought we weren’t supposed to be friends. We’ve had our fair share of ups and downs but that’s what makes us so close. We share a lot of the same interests and I love that about us. I know if I’m having a bad day, I can come to you and you’ll instantly make me feel better. I know I can come to you without fear of judgment and you’ll give me honest and fair advice. You’re one of the strongest people I’ve ever met and I feel blessed to know you. When I picture my wedding, I picture you right there beside me. You’re my lifelong friend and someone I can always turn to. Thank you for always being there for me and for always having my back.

Our song: Hell to the Nah, Bishop Bullwinkle

Bailey Kay Perry - BPG, Just Jesus

You’re my lifelong friend from middle school. I remember walking home every day with you and Anthony after school. You’re easily the nicest person I know and I constantly question what I did to deserve such a caring friend like you. You’re my musical soulmate and partner in crime. I miss our dance recitals and dance mom binges. You’re the friend who’s been there through literally everything and I couldn’t be more appreciative. I don’t know anybody who doesn’t like Bailey and that’s because she’s the most fun person to be around. Throughout my years at MSU, you’ve motivated me and have kept me going. There were so many times I thought I couldn’t do it but you always reassured me. You do that for a lot of people. You’re a motivator, a go-getter and a dream chaser and I love your spirit. Thank you for always being there for me and for always telling me how it is.

Our song: Wop, J. Dash

Ayreis Skye Napier - AyrBear

You were the first friend I made when I moved to Charlotte in the 3rd grade. You’re my cousin and someone I can always turn to. I remember when we would play “mean girls” at recess and you were always Regina, I’m laughing as I write this. We’ve been through so much together and we’ve watched each other grow up. When I met you, you were wearing a rainbow turtleneck and little pink pants and now you’re getting married to your high school sweetheart and best friend. I love our friendship because we always pick up right where we left off. You’re the most positive person I know and you always inspire me to have a better outlook on life. You’re also one of the strongest people I have ever met and I don’t even think you realize it sometimes. I always have a blast when I’m with you and you make me feel wanted. You’re a free spirit and one of the most beautiful girls I have ever met. Thank you for always being there for me. I love you and appreciate you.

Our song: Waspy, G-eazy

Olivia Sue Velasquez - Lillypad, Lips, Olive

You’re not just my cousin, you’re my best friend and my sister. You’re more mature than half the people I’ve ever met and you’re going to do big things at Ball State. I remember when your mom told me she was pregnant for Carlitos, I cried for weeks. I thought I lost my sister. I feel closer to you now than I ever have which is crazy because we’ve been close our whole lives. We share the same hatred for home shopping network women and I appreciate that so much. We used to play American Idol Barbie (whatever that is) and that was the highlight of my week as a kid. You’re someone I can tell anything to and I’m so thankful for our friendship. It might always be Badge and Pooky but it’s always Darrien and Olivia too. I’m so proud of you and all your accomplishments and I hope you know how happy I am for you. Thank you for being the best cousin/sister on the planet and always being there for me. I know I can count on you.

Our song: Gold, Kiiara