An Open Thank You Letter to My Dog

An Open Thank You Letter to My Dog

Because Dogs Prove that Happiness is Key

33
An Open Thank You Letter to My Dog
Leslie Stratton

Dear Pup,

Who is a good dog?!! Come on, you knew I would start the letter off this way. I know you will not understand this but hopefully the MilkBone I give you at the end will help. I am sure it will make you drool all over the floor, but do not worry, I will wipe it up (maybe before you lick it up).

Remember that time you chewed up the dog obedience book? That was ironic. My parents and I were mad at you that day but could not help but laugh. That is what you do little pup, you make mistakes but the joy you bring overall makes the mistakes seem so small. Please do not take this as an invitation to chew everything you want. My dad's new trucks interior has suffered enough. My dad tried to sell you that day (just kidding we all know he never would have).

I think my favorite part of having your wiggly butt around is how happy you are. You could run into the water well in the backyard and be up and running to greet me seconds later (true story). Dogs are a perfect example of the truth that we are meant to be happy. You little pup, were the happiest ball of fur from day one. Gosh you do it so well; you do not know any other emotion but happiness.

If I have had the worst day or the best day, I can always count on you to greet me at the door with such excitement, even if I was gone for only a couple of minutes. Know, I always appreciate you licking me like I have been gone forever. Your dedication for making me feel loved via slobber is admirable. I may get frustrated when you lick me directly in my mouth but it is only for a second (I forgive you).

As your owner, I am happy you are happy. You make me happy and that can never be repaid. In the meantime, here's a MilkBone. Get your drool on.

Keep Wagging,

Your Owner

PS sit. stay..... good dog!