An Open Letter to The "Good Girl"

An Open Letter to The "Good Girl"

I know this life seems to suck but it gets so much better.

454
An Open Letter to The "Good Girl"

Yeah, I know, this life sucks... Or so it seems.

It seems that everyone is always having more fun than you because they are doing the bad worldly things. You can never make it just one week without being dissed for that fact that you choose to make good reputable choices, or go without just one occurrence of being called a "goody goody". You're always being picked on and prodded towards making just one bad mistake, to just smoke one hit or at least just say one cuss word. It seems like the choice that you've made to be the good kid always comes to bite you in the butt.

I know this, I know these feelings and I know how to get through it because I was the "good girl" too.

I know it's hard and you get your feelings hurt or your heart broken. I know that sometimes you just want to be invisible. Let me just tell you, being the "good girl" may suck now but give it until you're out of high school. Those decisions will make you who you are and who you are after being the "good girl" is the "good woman" that everyone admires.

Yeah, you've probably already lost all of your friends and feel pretty invisible unless someone is picking on you for being "too good". You have probably already begged your parents to let you move to a different school or even a different city or state. But guess what? That's not going to fix anything because there are mean people everywhere. Trust me, I've been there.

Those people, who are ruining their lives while reaching their peak in high school, will one day be taking your order at the local Mickey D's or working as your personal assistant. Those people that are currently making your life seem like a dramatic teenager's idea of "Hell on Earth" will be balding with beer guts sitting in some bar watching the football game with the bartender. You have so much going for you that they have ruined for themselves through these decisions.

So, how do you get through this terrible time of your life? Well, obviously my most obvious answer is God because I would never have made it without him. Make new friends, those old friends that you lost because you chose to be good, weren't friends at all. Surround yourself with people who have values like your own. Pray. Pray, pray, pray. Last but not least, always believe that you are not just a "goody-goody" but someone paving a path for amazing success.

Trust me, I know that right now it seems that your life sucks. But, I promise, it's only just the beginning of a great life ahead.

Your friend,

The "Good Girl" turned "Good Woman"