An Open Letter To The Girl Who Always Has A Smile On Her Face

3612

You're the girl that everyone loves to be around. You have a friendly demeanor and always seem to have a smile on your face. On the outside, you're seen as this happy, free-spirited girl. Maybe on the inside, you are, too. But you put on a good visage.

You're the girl that puts everyone before her. You're the girl that seems like has it all together because you don't show it. You're the girl that has too big of a heart to allow people to ever worry about you and your life.

You're the girl that finds it easier to fake a smile and act like "everything is fine" than to have to explain yourself and express your true emotions. But the one thing that sucks about being the girl that always a smile on her face is that no one asks you if you're OK. Because sometimes, you're not at all.

But at the same time, this whole thing is a double standard because you don't want people to worry about you. You want other people to know that you're there for them no matter what. You will drop anything to be with them.

You carry yourself well in your everyday life and always seem to get teary eyed over the smallest of things but you will never shed a tear. You know you have a heart, feelings, and emotions, but you'll never admit it because it's easier to fake it until you make it.

See, the thing is, everyone sees you as being such a happy and positive human being. You are. But no one really knows who you truly are: what you have experienced in your life, the negativity you have faced, and the many bumps in the road that you had to overcome by yourself.

No one really knows what you faced in your life. No one really knows because you don't let people in your life come in easily to really get to know you for who you truly are and not just the smiley, happy girl that you are seen to be.

In fact, you're an incredibly strong girl. You take life by the horns, and you can guarantee that you can offer a shoulder to cry on, a warm embrace, and a always comforting soul.

To all the girls out there that always seem to have a smile on their face, keep smiling. Keep your head held high and just know that it's OK to not be fine and it's OK to not always be happy. It's OK to be human, because at the end of the day that is what you are.

But always remember that you are a beautiful soul for being so strong, so friendly, and so happy. So keep rocking that smile from ear to ear, no matter how hard it may be.